FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d go so far as to say he’s done pretty well considering when he took over the role, he had a lack of experience of managing or coaching successful teams. Some will say he still has;)
Anyway, time for him to move on now, in my book probably should have done two tournaments ago, but one thing I will say, the players seem to like him and he seems to bring a harmonious atmosphere between the players.
Strong rumours of some disharmony in the camp According to credible journalists and that it will all come out over the next few weeks now that players are away from the camp Let’s see what is said

Reminds me of a kid who is always told they're brilliant and then really struggles with any kind of hardship or constructive criticism. He's been earmarked as the future of English football since he was in his mid-teens. Birmingham retired his shirt number FFS

Didn't have to fight for his place anywhere. Never went out on loan and took a kicking in the lower leagues. Just constant praise and promotion. Makes it hard to accept criticism because it cuts right through to your sense of self. Seems quick to blame everyone else as a result

He's had a hell of a career so far, everything's been accelerated and it's no surprise that as a result it's gone to his head a bit.

He's not stayed at one club long, so hasn't had chance to develop the relationship skills to make him a proper team player. It's all fuck everyone, burn your bridges, then jump ship to another club.

Problem for him will be any moves from Madrid are going to be downwards. In the next couple of years he'll probably hit the difficulties that will either make him or break him. He'll either grow up and turn it round, or by the time he's 28 he'll probably be on about his 10th club.

England need a manager that doesn't pick players based on their ego's or amount they get paid in endorsements. If you are English and play for a 'big' club you get selected, it doesn't matter if someone from a 'smaller' club is better than you in that position. No one else gets a look in. Spain had 5 players from Real Sociedad in their squad, who are not a traditional 'big' club, but they had the players to fill the role. They didn't select someone who plays in central midfield for their club and stick them on the wing because they had to be in the team.

He's had a hell of a career so far, everything's been accelerated and it's no surprise that as a result it's gone to his head a bit.

He's not stayed at one club long, so hasn't had chance to develop the relationship skills to make him a proper team player. It's all fuck everyone, burn your bridges, then jump ship to another club.

Problem for him will be any moves from Madrid are going to be downwards. In the next couple of years he'll probably hit the difficulties that will either make him or break him. He'll either grow up and turn it round, or by the time he's 28 he'll probably be on about his 10th club.

The ego of Mbappe will finish him off at Real Madrid he'll be walking around like a smacked arse in no time, scouseland or the rags beckon IMHO.

Lee Carsley would be my choice. The u21s play some great attacking football and he’s worked with a lot of the current players

No good with the ego's amongst England's seniors.

Think the City guys are quite humble. They'd probably appreciate somebody with intelligence and a modern approach to coaching being in charge. Whether everyone else feels the same, he would need to make it their problem if they don't.

He'd need balls, but it's still pretty simple. He can point to Spain winning with De La Fuente in charge to support him. So... got issues with me? You're not in the squad then.

The ego of Mbappe will finish him off at Real Madrid he'll be walking around like a smacked arse in no time, scouseland or the rags beckon IMHO.

And I'd expect he'd fail at either of those, it'd just be a question if who would take on his wages after that when he does.

Lee Carsley would be my choice. The u21s play some great attacking football and he’s worked with a lot of the current players

It's a move that's worked with a lot of other national teams over the years.

It's a difficult decision because English fans are so fickle you're only one bad result away from being completely slaughtered in the media. He's got a track record at youth level which Southgate lacked, but he's not had a senior role for more than a few games as interim. His record with the U21s is fantastic though and with a young squad otherwise and the success Germany and Spain have said from a similar move there's logic to it. But a couple of bad results or performances and the noise will spiral again. I guess that's true of anyone other than the elite managers like Pep and Ancelotti though, and neither of those are taking it.

I don’t think he’s gonna go. He’d surely have done so yesterday? He will be getting wooed by the FA probably get a rise and he will be listening to those who use his stats to suggest he isn’t a tactically inept manager who loses every time he faces a decent team and struggles to beat half decent ones.

Not sure he would resign the day right after the final. They'll likely know he's resigning but get the wheels in motion to get the next one in before he announces it.

Somebody said he would end up like Pogba and I think they and you are right,
Yes. We’ve all seen over the years players who were highly talented but their attitude blighted their careers. Sancho?
We’ve also seen less talented players who had the right attitude and worked on their game and did really well. Keegan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.