FA Cup 1969 semi final 45 min highlights

Front row ?

At the front, nearest the goal posts, nobody in front of me, a decent view for a 9 year old.
Though apart from the goal, and lots of skirmishing outside and being protected by my brother , I remember little about it.
Funny as I remember alot more about the previous rounds and the final, went to all of them.
But I didn't go to York !

At the front, nearest the goal posts, nobody in front of me, a decent view for a 9 year old.
Though apart from the goal, and lots of skirmishing outside and being protected by my brother , I remember little about it.
Funny as I remember alot more about the previous rounds and the final, went to all of them.
But I didn't go to York !
Yes 5th round Blacburn away the Saturday was cancelled due to a frozen pitch so was played midweek. Went to that in a funny little paddock at the front below ground level. City fans definitely tasting Wembley after that.

I remember ending up about 20 yards away from my mates when the dust finally settled after we scored. It went absolutely mental behind the goal!
It did really go wild thinking about it maybe un top 3 with Dickov and Aguero., City were slight underdogs I think so was reall ecstacy.
Only other memory I have was we parked miles away and all got bussed in and can remember this old Evertonian complaining city played offside. Didn't get too heated though.

Yes 5th round Blacburn away the Saturday was cancelled due to a frozen pitch so was played midweek. Went to that in a funny little paddock at the front below ground level. City fans definitely tasting Wembley after that.

My dad broke down in Blackburn , luckily after the game, got home just before going to school .

Fantastic. Only conceded 1 through the cup run and that was a 1-4 at Blackburn. Villa Park pitch was a bit of a state!
I‘m always struck by the lack of histrionics whenever I watch footage from the past and something I wish could be transplanted into todays game.

So true. Also by the amount of long balls. Also by the numerous times that the ball is given away (the one tends to go with the other). Pep would be apoplectic on the touchline!

It did really go wild thinking about it maybe un top 3 with Dickov and Aguero., City were slight underdogs I think so was reall ecstacy.
Only other memory I have was we parked miles away and all got bussed in and can remember this old Evertonian complaining city played offside. Didn't get too heated though.

I was the world's worst for finding where the coaches were parked. If not for my mates, I'd probably still be wandering around Birmingham.

To their credit, Finglands only left me and my mate behind once... In Hull, earlier in the cup run iirc. We got a lift back from other Blues after searching in a few local pubs for anyone who'd stayed for a post match pint.

Happy times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.