FA Cup 4th Round Draw | Arsenal (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like we did in The Carabao Cup Final in 2018.
That was the easiest win in a Cup Final for City in the last 12 years.
We gave them a real battering in the league game at their place a few days later. I will never forget the comentator’s comment in hushed tone after a brilliant multi pass move “and Sane’s got his goal.”

1. We didn’t have CL football so more difficult in attracting the best players.
2. We are gradually improving the squad as you can see from last summer. We moved on a lot of players many of whom didn’t realise much value.
3. Actually, our net spend in the last 3 years was £280m which is less than 3 Grealishes.
4.A better question would be to ask Chelsea and Man Utd whose net spend these last 3 years of £433m and £366m why they’re not delivering.

Taking 3 years stats, only looking at net spend and not considering other factors like whether we are in a rebuilding or sustaining period can be fairly arbitrary and so may not be particularly meaningful. But good try.

Net spend champs with Liverpool

woohoo

Remember having a great row in the Hope & Anchor after a game down there. Someone was bemoaning the money we'd spent & was claiming they'd done things the 'proper' way. I reminded him that they had qualified for the Champions League for 20 consecutive seasons and reached one final. The amount of money that qualification raised, plus the players that helped attract gave Arsenal a massive advantage over most teams in the league. To the point where it appeared it was Wenger's sole target each season.
You might even describe it as ‘financial doping’ …

Another tough draw. At least we are at home. Win / Win either way for me. Win and the draw will really open up for us while the loser will benefit in the schemes of the title race (less games).

I'm all for winning these lesser cups but I hope we don't do what the dippers did last year and ultimately run out of steam for the trophies that matter. Our season is judged on the PL and the UCL. A few easier draws in the next rounds would go a long way for us - trust the Rags to be getting all those!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.