FA cup 4th Round draw Middlesbrough at home

Re: FA cup 4th Round draw (Monday 5th Jan 7.30 pm ish)

Didsbury Dave said:
For some reason I always used to think when I was younger we were number 22 or 23. Don't know where I got that from to be honest.
23 was my house number,we were always 23 and the Rags 24 for the third round draw.

blueste41 said:
Here are the numbers to look out for...

1 Arsenal
2 Southampton or Ipswich Town
3 Stoke City
4 Blackburn Rovers
5 Crystal Palace
6 AFC Wimbledon or Liverpool
7 Manchester City
8 Rochdale
9 West Bromwich Albion
10 Birmingham City
11 Aston Villa
12 AFC Bournemouth
13 Reading
14 Swansea City
15 Cardiff City
16 Bolton Wanderers
17 Sunderland
18Burnley or Tottenham Hotspur
19 Millwall or Bradford City
20 Derby County
21 Brighton & Hove Albion
22 Fulham or Wolverhampton Wanderers
23 Leicester City
24 Scunthorpe United or Chesterfield
25 Everton or West Ham United
26 Cambridge United
27 Chelsea
28 Middlesbrough
29 Sheffield United
30 Manchester United
31 Preston North End
32 Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City

Ties to be played over the weekend of 24 and 25 January 2015

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2015/jan/fa-cup-fourth-round-draw#hEO6bAyo3HAHRZJ8.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/20 ... HAHRZJ8.99</a>

Blackburn or Preston away for me

xgorton said:
Didsbury Dave said:
For some reason I always used to think when I was younger we were number 22 or 23. Don't know where I got that from to be honest.
23 was my house number,we were always 23 and the Rags 24 for the third round draw.

Cheers mate. I didn't dream it then. I guess it used to be alphabetical at the third round stage or something.

Didsbury Dave said:

For the third round draw, Premier League and Championship clubs are combined and numbered 1 - 44 so AFC Bournemouth number one, Arsenal number 2... Wigan 43, Wolves 44 etc.

City, give or take will always be fairly close to the middle of that group of 44 so number 22, 23 or 24.

We're number 7 in today's draw as our tie was the seventh drawn for the last round. Had Wednesday won yesterday then they would have been 7.

If we do get Rochdale, I hope it would a repeat of our wartime meetings in the North Regional (wartime) League in January 1941. City played Rochdale on consecutive Saturdays that month, winning 9-1 and 6-1. A player called Jimmy Currier scored five in the first game and then five more the following week at Spotland.

So if anyone asks you who scored five in a match for City in each of two consecutive games, Currier is the answer. Not recognised in the record books, of course, as they were wartime fixtures. But it was only about a fortnight after the terrible Manchester blitz. The attendance for the Maine Road game was given as 2,000 (an estimate, presumably).

Amazing that any sort of organised football went on then. Please don't say "happy days"..........

Some of you may find this of interest.

We'll get rags at home Chelsea n arsenal will get lower league teams...at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.