FA Cup 4th Round Draw | Tottenham (A) | Fri 26th Jan, 20:00

Nowt interesting playing Bolton away. - Been there (both their grounds); done that.
Bolton ? I never made Burnden park..the new ground was just boring.
Went a few times, was bored.went in their end once for a midweek cup game..on me own. Kept it down ...under the main stand before the game,enjoyed a pint,no colours, just before k.o a door swung open from nowhere and Tony Book strode out....forgetting where I was i ran over beer in hand , shook his hand,felt really proud....then remembered I was on my own..and tried to melt back into the crowd.
No idea what score was.dull game,dull new ground.
Wished I'd made it to Burnden before it got knocked down...

Last edited:
Bolton ? I never made Burden park..the new ground was just boring.
Went a few times, was bored.went in their end once for a midweek cup game..on me own. Kept it down ...under the main stand before the game,enjoyed a pint,no colours, just before k.o a door swung open from nowhere and Tony Book strode out....forgetting where I was i ran over beer in hand , shook his hand,felt really proud....then remembered I was on my own..and tried to melt back into the crowd.
No idea what score was.dull game,dull new ground.
Wished I'd made it go Burden before it got knocked down...
Burnden Park was scary place to go especially after they sold half of the terracing on one side to build a Co-op store.

The ground was hemmed in by a main road and a railway, not to mention the supermarket. It was probably a decent stadium to begin with, but as with Maine Road, it was rendered as ‘not fit for purpose’ because of developments.

I have never been to the new Bolton Stadium but I admit it looks very impressive from the railway line.

Burnden Park was scary place to go especially after they sold half of the terracing on one side to build a Co-op store.

The ground was hemmed in by a main road and a railway, not to mention the supermarket. It was probably a decent stadium to begin with, but as with Maine Road, it was rendered as ‘not fit for purpose’ because of developments.

I have never been to the new Bolton Stadium but I admit it looks very impressive from the railway line.
The drop off on the far side touchline was bloody dangerous. Saw Summerbee vanish down there when one of the Bolton fullbacks carted him.

That treble in 2019 was more enjoyable than the last one. Similar to some promotions far outweighing the joy of holding on against Villa to win the league cup.

The last game in particular, but Burton away with the whole town smelling of beer, Newport with that club house thing, last 30 mins at Brighton who served Sussex Best Beer, a stroll in the FA Cup final, first trip to Oxford's new ground, the great turnaround at Swansea. The cups were more enjoyable than the league for sure, the last 10 games or so in the league were not enjoyable until we had won.
You were doing so well until you said the last ten games weren’t enjoyable until we had won.

I’ve never felt more alive following this club than the final straight of that season. It was an incredible period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.