FA Cup 4th Round Draw | Tottenham (A) | Fri 26th Jan, 20:00

Haha. Spurs away. Aside from Dippers, could there be a worse draw historical-form wise?!

Will be an entertaining watch, though.

Bolton ? I never made Burnden park..the new ground was just boring.
Went a few times, was bored.went in their end once for a midweek cup game..on me own. Kept it down ...under the main stand before the game,enjoyed a pint,no colours, just before k.o a door swung open from nowhere and Tony Book strode out....forgetting where I was i ran over beer in hand , shook his hand,felt really proud....then remembered I was on my own..and tried to melt back into the crowd.
No idea what score was.dull game,dull new ground.
Wished I'd made it to Burnden before it got knocked down...

Burnden Park was scary place to go especially after they sold half of the terracing on one side to build a Co-op store.

The ground was hemmed in by a main road and a railway, not to mention the supermarket. It was probably a decent stadium to begin with, but as with Maine Road, it was rendered as ‘not fit for purpose’ because of developments.

I have never been to the new Bolton Stadium but I admit it looks very impressive from the railway line.
It was a classic old ground in the 1950's as was Maine Road. Great open area car park in front from the main road and many local pubs to choose from for a pre match pint. The developments were naff and ruined it!

The move to Horwich was done to enable the club to recoup a predicted £100 million from the sale of the old ground to developers. In the end they got £15 million. In hindsight they and Bolton council got it very wrong with this and other idiotic town centre decisions. The corrupt bastards ripped the heart out of the town centre which is now a sad shadow of the great shopping town it was in the 1980's.

There was easily enough land to build a Reebok like structure at Burnden.

Really hope this goes to general sale for us twats with citizen memberships, I've never been to an FA cup away day!! And I'm in London that weekend just by chance

No chance, I fear. That's the tie of the round. It'll be a sell-out, from both sets of supporters.
If you've never been, though — impressive stadium. Do everything you can to get a ticket, if only for that (I think we'll do them, this time round, incidentally — I don't believe in bogey teams).
Very successful architecture. And that single bank of supporters at the far end shows what can be done.

Last edited:
You were doing so well until you said the last ten games weren’t enjoyable until we had won.

I’ve never felt more alive following this club than the final straight of that season. It was an incredible period.

You must have been tense through every ninety minutes, surely? If not, I'll have some of the zen that you're smoking…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.