FA cup against the rags - is NOW sold out {merged}

Re: FA cup against the rags - why isn't it sold out yet?

Stood in The South Stand said:
The Mancunian Way said:
£15 for me as I was sensible to join the cup scheme. Did people really expect the club to charge people £15 for a derby when they didn't join the scheme?

Moan all you want but those who joined have been 'rewarded' and those that didn't can still go but pay the normal price.

Don't see the issue myself.

Not everybody joined the cup scheme because not everybody can guarentee to always have the money in their banks probably. I didn't join because I work nights so am unable to attend a lot of night matches. But anyway, is £40 for FA Cup 3 rd round tie a normal price?

We're turning into Man Utd more and more everyday and so are our fans.
I have bought a ticket, I just think £40 is a bit steep and have sympathy for those who can't afford it.

Those that cant afford it wont pay it those that can will. Clearly those of us in the Cup DD scheme have been rewarded by the club for paying our money to watch games regardless as to whether we can go or not that is rewarding a loyal regular customer and is what businesses do!!!

As for moaning about what the club charges are you having a laugh £405 for a season ticket is utterly brilliant the club does it all can for us the fans with regard to ticket prices and we are watching the best football team in the country

If some of our fans want a reality check look at the prices paid at other clubs before moaning about ours

Re: FA cup against the rags - why isn't it not SOLD OUT yet?

bugsyblue said:
bluesimon said:
open sale now with 1000's of tickets still available

Will this make it easier for rags to get tickets in our end or do you need a city card? Strange it's gone to open sale.

Even at open sale you stil have to have a history of ticket sales to get one

At the end of the day it has sold out, the club are happy, the fans who got the tickets are happy, i don't really think the club care who got the tickets, they were sold one way or another to them.

The Mancunian Way said:
£15 for me as I was sensible to join the cup scheme. Did people really expect the club to charge people £15 for a derby when they didn't join the scheme?

Moan all you want but those who joined have been 'rewarded' and those that didn't can still go but pay the normal price.

Not everybody joined the cup scheme because not everybody can guarentee to always have the money in their banks probably. I didn't join because I work nights so am unable to attend a lot of night matches. But anyway, is £40 for FA Cup 3 rd round tie a normal price?

What you conveniently seem to be forgetting is that City alone wouldn't have decided on that ticket price - it has to be negotiated with the opposition club as they get a percentage of the gate receipts for FA Cup matches. Therefore, it's in United's interest for the ticket prices to be set quite high. If they didn't have a say in it then I reckon City would've charged a fiver or even a tenner less.

M18CTID said:
The Mancunian Way said:

What you conveniently seem to be forgetting is that City alone wouldn't have decided on that ticket price - it has to be negotiated with the opposition club as they get a percentage of the gate receipts for FA Cup matches. Therefore, it's in United's interest for the ticket prices to be set quite high. If they didn't have a say in it then I reckon City would've charged a fiver or even a tenner less.
Good job he isn't giving the Rags his money then, at least he can say he's not paying to service their debt.

Inverness_MCFC said:
At the end of the day it has sold out, the club are happy, the fans who got the tickets are happy, i don't really think the club care who got the tickets, they were sold one way or another to them.
It isn't sold out yet.

40 quid is a rip off, managed to get some cheap tickets, but if I hadent I wouldnt have bought them

btw joining a cup scheme doesnt make you more loyal a city fan it just means you can afford it, I could nt afford it been going home and away for seven years now, am I not loyal. I hate people who presume just because their on a scheme or have money that makes them loyal.

this game should have been priced about 25-30 pound that would have made common sense

FA cup against the rags - why isn't it sold out yet?

I don't think this will sell out. Only my opinion, 45quid is steep, taking into account the Liverpool games home and away.

I'm on the cup scheme but even so it has cost me near £100 for those 3 games that is a lot of money just after Christmas.

In my opinion no football match should cost £40 and it worries me that normal fans are just starting to accept it.

Expect in next few years to be forced to buy cup tickets same as united if you are a SC holder. Believe me there will be no £15 offers then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.