FA Cup Draw - Chelsea Away

they have a one trick pony- Delap we just need to be more alert with his throw ins and avoid conceeding them...... or just injure the freak.
I can't believe people are writing us off already. We have them in the league first so that will be an experience for us, and we can work on things we learn from that game.

IF we get to chelsea, I have heard off a chelsea fan it's £25 a ticket, bigger allocation, it's a quarter final, bring it on and enjoy the game and get behind City!! We need the spirit of Bell in 1971. It will be Bridge v Terry!!

Why are some people giving up on this already!? We would have had to face Chelsea at some point and to be honest if we made the final against them only for them to beat us that would have crushed me so I think this is better! We've beaten them already this season, the players will/should be up for this, from the sounds of things Mancini wants to win this trophy after the slip up with the Carling Cup. All we need to do now is face Stoke and give it our all, then do the same against Chelsea and we'll have two more matches with the possibility of facing a few tough teams but none that strike the fear of teams like Chelsea. As long as we don't take things for granted and we give it our all I think this could be our year for the FA Cup. I have raised my hopes in the past concerning us getting a trophy only for them to be shattered but I have always had a big worry in the back of my head. This is one time where the worry isn't so big, remember at the moment Chelsea have had their share of problems off the field with John Terry and these can sometimes reflect onto the field. Wayne Bridge will be so up for this match and I am betting a lot of our team will be wanting to do this not only for the club, Mancini or the fans but also for Wayne Bridge.

The 12th Man said:
Why are some people giving up on this already!? We would have had to face Chelsea at some point and to be honest if we made the final against them only for them to beat us that would have crushed me so I think this is better! We've beaten them already this season, the players will/should be up for this, from the sounds of things Mancini wants to win this trophy after the slip up with the Carling Cup. All we need to do now is face Stoke and give it our all, then do the same against Chelsea and we'll have two more matches with the possibility of facing a few tough teams but none that strike the fear of teams like Chelsea. As long as we don't take things for granted and we give it our all I think this could be our year for the FA Cup. I have raised my hopes in the past concerning us getting a trophy only for them to be shattered but I have always had a big worry in the back of my head. This is one time where the worry isn't so big, remember at the moment Chelsea have had their share of problems off the field with John Terry and these can sometimes reflect onto the field. Wayne Bridge will be so up for this match and I am betting a lot of our team will be wanting to do this not only for the club, Mancini or the fans but also for Wayne Bridge.

why did we have to face chelsea at some point

Good, it's time to grow up. Fight or die.

I'm sure Stoke are not so afraid as we are.
C' mon Mancio, don't let me sleep again, play some real football, i'm fed up of your interviews.

why do people think if we get past stoke inthe cup that is it and chelsea willwin regardless,well the game is over 90 mins and anything can happen like us getting a penalty in the first ten mins and them having a player sent off,these things happen in games and unless you turn up you dont know what the outcome will be, as jimmy greaves said its a funny old game....

deano ou812 said:
why do people think if we get past stoke inthe cup that is it and chelsea willwin regardless,well the game is over 90 mins and anything can happen like us getting a penalty in the first ten mins and them having a player sent off,these things happen in games and unless you turn up you dont know what the outcome will be, as jimmy greaves said its a funny old game....
Too right. Games against Stoke, Scunthorppe are banana skins with the pressure all on City.

Beat Stoke, and we'll be all really looking forward to playing Chelsea.

Of course it was the toughest possible draw, but I remember coming away from the Arsenal Q/F and hearing the cheers around the ground as the draw was announced that we were playing Utd - the toughest draw possible. If we do go to Chelsea in the Cup we will be well up for it by the time it happens. And if we lose well I am sure we will have given it our best shot.

Seasons have ended with FA Cup Q/Final defeats before now. remember the disappointment of losing to West Ham and that Dean Ahston goal. or how about the Spurs Q/F at maine Rd which was the beginning of the end for Peter Reid. Some had us down as favourites for the Cup that season, and we hardly won a game after that.

Take the positive out of the draw, and there are some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.