FA Cup Final 15/May, Chelsea v Leicester

Annoys me that the Leicester 'fairytale' is seen as a positive for football because they seemingly did it 'the hard way' when in reality they did exactly what City did regarding investment, and we now how our success is reported and perceived.

Bobbins final apart from last 20 minutes, until var fucked it up at the end.
VAR didn’t "fuck it up at the end".

VAR did its job and made the correct decision.

Congratulations to Leicester- but let’s not forget the inward investment factor

I wonder how those involved in QPR's case with the EFL feel because, if I remember correctly, they were fined over £60 million reduced to £44 million after an arbitration panel had delivered its "verdict"? Rather more than Leicester! And as yet Wolves haven't reached any settlement. But what it proves above anything else is that investment is the way to sustainability - and success. The EFL should repay QPR's money immediately, waive any charge on Leicester (and Wolves) and congratulate the Foxes, not for being sly but for building the club to success. That's how things work. And it's not as though Chelsea haven't had a few bob in investment!

Last edited:
Not surprisingly the arguments about "handball" in the build up to the Leicester goal and the question of offside in the disallowed Chelsea "equaliser" are still the cause of raging controversy and will be for years to come. But in years to come the record books will still show that Leicester City beat Chelsea 1-0 to win the FA cup. This actually has little to do with fairness or the intention of the laws of the game but with trying to ensure consistency, which is what we all wanted when VAR was introduced. It is only after the introduction of VAR that we realise that it is no more capable of guaranteeing consistency than the human judgement of the ref. In the case of the Leicester goal I'm not sure Mr Oliver consulted VAR ... but no-one knows what the latest version of the rule is, or how far out from goal you have to be to count as a forward, or whether a deflection onto the hand is still handball in midfield or what. All we can say is that the goal was allowed. We (especially us) have seen goals both allowed and disallowed for almost identical "handball" and so Chelsea fans and players can feel very hard done by, but Leicester fans can say, quite rightly that such cases are not disallowed. With offside VAR has made it a mathematical question, a question of millimetres, and yet the margin of error is such that you never know how accurate the notorious lines are. Platini was against VAR because it would deprive fans of "talking points" after the game. How wrong he was! And now we have had an FA cup final decided by two highly controversial decisions. I can rejoice with Leicester and sympathise with Chelsea but I doubt too many Chelsea fans can do that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.