FA Cup Final 15/May, Chelsea v Leicester

This obsession with the correct call is probably the main point of difference for me.

It isn’t possible to make one so why bother (or like the football authorities pretend you can)

Instead, if we want to help officials, give them the footage and if they can’t tell whether the decision they made was wrong or not then

Or, as is the case outside of the top divisions, don’t have it.

whatever side of the debate you are on this the current system is absolutely terrible on a number of levels, necessitating several in season rule changes in the case of handball
The NFL - and even moreso, Rugby methods seem pretty straightforward.
Nothing will ever be 100% - but at least they allow for circumstances to play themselves out and THEN review based on the ref's best (re)view (using all available angles) with clear explantion of the final decision to all, in the moment.

Indeed we have. I got hugged by a total stranger when Gabby scored that late "winner" against Spurs. 30 seconds later, I felt like I'd been kicked in the bollocks.
Had the same experience with Raz's late non-goal in the spuds CL tie.

The oppos in the pub, while overjoyed were pretty good about it - after the first 10 mins we were all in a bit of a neutral 'WTF?!?/WTF Next???' state for the rest of the game.

One of the few where despite being gutted at having perhaps been 'cheated' out of a bloody important win (the 'handball'), I could say I really enjoyed the match. An utterly bizarre life-affirming experience.

Yes I thought that too. He's had a fairly smooth ride so far and was starting to look a bit smug and arrogant, as was the team. It's good to have their confidence knocked and a bit of self doubt creep in before they play us. They have to go all out in their remaining games too to secure top four while we can relax.

While i was pleased for Leicester I am already sick of hearing all this a properly run club bollocks.
Leicester know their place...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.