FA Cup Final 15/May, Chelsea v Leicester

It was good to see that smug grin wiped off Tuchel's face yesterday..!

If you were as good as you think you are you'd still be managing PSG you tosser..!

Yes I thought that too. He's had a fairly smooth ride so far and was starting to look a bit smug and arrogant, as was the team. It's good to have their confidence knocked and a bit of self doubt creep in before they play us. They have to go all out in their remaining games too to secure top four while we can relax.

While i was pleased for Leicester I am already sick of hearing all this a properly run club bollocks.

There is the most glaring bad faith by all supporters on this question. It becomes impossible to have any worthwhile debate. If it happens to be a team they don't like (that is to say, nearly all others) then a player being offside by a toe is just fine and dandy, and everybody's chortling. If it's their team they roll around on the floor like a dog with rabies.
It is quite right that it is the rule as it stands, and not VAR, that makes all this happen. But the technology of VAR has made it possible to apply the rule rigidly and give decisions that are so fine that they are not visible to the naked eye, even when it's been freeze framed. I've studied that picture of Chilwell ‘offside’, and even with the lines, staring at it, I cannot see what is meaningfully offside. The law should be changed so that offside means having gained a decisive advantage. A common sense rule, in my opinion, would be the width of the attacking player's body, photographed side on.
The law as it stands is an ass. And it's bad for the game.
Agree with you on the hypocrisy.
It would have been interesting to see the reaction if Tillemans goal had been disallowed because of handball in the build up.
Yes if we can't get rid of VAR then we should adapt the laws as you suggest to meet the new 'rigidity' of the VAR system. For example that fantastic flicked goal by Torres against Newcastle was a gnat's crotchet away from being disallowed.
Also I'd do away with VAR reviewing goals because of possible offences not seen by the ref in the build up to the goal I.e. the review of the Tileman's goal. If the ref doesn't spot anything then leave it.

Yes I thought that too. He's had a fairly smooth ride so far and was starting to look a bit smug and arrogant, as was the team. It's good to have their confidence knocked and a bit of self doubt creep in before they play us. They have to go all out in their remaining games too to secure top four while we can relax.

While i was pleased for Leicester I am already sick of hearing all this a properly run club bollocks.

Tuchel needs to unpack his fkin suitcase and find some other clothes to wear instead of constantly decking himself out in the club shop gear ffs..

He looks like a fkin smurf..!

What exactly is a properly run club btw ?

Obviously not us..

From what I hear, to be classed as a properly run club you need to be a club who are half a billion pounds in debt, neglecting the up keep of the stadium, training ground and surrounding areas whilst the owners continue to milk you dry.

Or

A club who's main sponser has been found guilty of money laundering, a club who's owners have purposely left the surrounding areas to decay, in turn forcing families from their homes then hoovering said properties up for a pittance ?

According to some, these clubs are the Grandfathers of English football..

They need to be held up as beacons of light, representing all that's good in the game..

We are constantly reminded that these clubs have done things the correct way and should be respected and rightly held in the highest esteem by one and all..

A benchmark for the rest to aspire to be like..

What a fkin joke..!

I agree with your sentiment and it does seem unfair when goals are chalked off because a player is deemed a cock hair offside, but then how marginal is marginal and how are rulings kept consistent? Regardless, players will always push boundaries and play to the edge, therefore standards have to be set and lines have to be drawn somewhere, otherwise decisions and calls begin to look as though they are being made on an arbitrary and ad hoc basis and would be open to accusations of inconsistency and favouritism. Much as they are now.
Whatever you do, wherever you draw those lines, the aggrieved party are always going to see it differently to the beneficiaries and you're going to have the same controversies.
This obsession with the correct call is probably the main point of difference for me.

It isn’t possible to make one so why bother (or like the football authorities pretend you can)

Instead, if we want to help officials, give them the footage and if they can’t tell whether the decision they made was wrong or not then

Or, as is the case outside of the top divisions, don’t have it.

whatever side of the debate you are on this the current system is absolutely terrible on a number of levels, necessitating several in season rule changes in the case of handball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.