FA Cup Final - 18/05 1700hrs

Great opportunity for those cityzens members who probably thought it would have sold out. They will be snapped up tomorrow. It’s a ridiculous price but It wouldn’t stop me going. To be honest £250 wouldn’t either if it was the only option and I could afford it

Having never been to a game at Wembley , I have 2 adult and 2 junior city cards for my family.
The 4 of us can’t go but my son and I could. O ha r a friend and his Son who could go so that would be the 4 of us.

Does anyone know if they check names on the tickets Do they have time to be that strict ?

Thanks

Having never been to a game at Wembley , I have 2 adult and 2 junior city cards for my family.
The 4 of us can’t go but my son and I could. O ha r a friend and his Son who could go so that would be the 4 of us.

Does anyone know if they check names on the tickets Do they have time to be that strict ?

Thanks

They don’t check names on tickets. There won’t be names on the tickets IIRC.

There are only £145 plus tickets left on sale (with slight dedications for concessions).

They don’t check names on tickets. There won’t be names on the tickets IIRC.

There are only £145 plus tickets left on sale (with slight dedications for concessions).

Thanks mate. Credit card may take a battering. Although it may cost me more in a divorce lol

Leicester game has already cost me a fortune having to book new flights from Belfast and pre paid hotel for my Son and I.

Thanks mate. Credit card may take a battering. Although it may cost me more in a divorce lol

Leicester game has already cost me a fortune having to book new flights from Belfast and pre paid hotel for my Son and I.

Some posters have said that a few cheaper tickets cam on sale during today but sold very fast. You might get lucky with some cheaper tickets if you have time to keep an eye on the stadium planner.

Remaining online:

£45, £70, £115: None
£145 - 1,200
£250 - 461
Total:1,659

City added a lot of £145 seats today, and a fair few £45, £70 & £115 seats during the day which have now been sold.

However we've gone through all the seasoncard holders now so news about 'Citizen' eligibility is due. Pretty good take up if 40,000 plus seasoncard holders take care of 25,000 tickets. I know it's not exactly like that as a fair number go through the supporters clubs but still it's obvious that despite the prices, there has been a very high take-up especially given this is our 5th trip to Wembley in one season.

So where do the £250 tickets come from when the FA site says this

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/apr/09/emirates-fa-cup-final-details-man-city-v-watford-090419

There is a bit of a conflict between that FA statement and City's own Ticket announcement.

https://www.mancity.com/news/ticket...nal-ticket-information-sales-criteria-watford

I just counted the number in each category on City's web-site.

This is the current picture. We are on the East side. Club Wembley are the Purple seats and the £145 seats are the Red seats. That's all that's showing online now, but during today some £45, £70 and £115 were added but sold quickly so may happen again tomorrow.

There are approximately 1150 x £145 tickets which I reckon will go tomorrow providing that Cityzens realise they can buy tomorrow. It would not surprise me at all if a large number of City fans are completely unaware that they can buy from tomorrow.

WABqwyp.jpg

They won’t advertise they are selling £250 tickets to fans. Via their Clubs. It highlights a failure in their initial business model and it isn’t fan friendly
I don't recall them doing this before. They just had category 1,2,3, and 4. Now they've effectively added a category 'CW'.

They say they have frozen prices from last season, however I wonder what the split is between categories. You could freeze ticket prices and move the numbers in each category around and effectively increase prices on the sly.

Completely unfair now that 7 days on from day 1 of sales, they've shoved the "best" of the £145 seats on sale. IE 102, 103. Punishing skint people like me who on day 1 was pressured into buying right by the 6 yd line / corner on the edge of 104, paying £145 cos my ill mum loves being on the side where we lift teh cup, and on day 1 of sales nothing closer to the dugout/penalty area was showing, nothing had been on in 102 or 103 other than front row or the very back. So they pressure you in your window (day 1!) into thinking its sold already. You wouldn't dream that one week on, when cup scheme, season ticket holders, everyon has had their pick, THEN they'd stick them on sale??????

Wish i didn't know :( I blame this forum ;)

Gutted.

I'd just love to know who at city decided it was a good idea to hold back blocks for a week, the "best" ones of the £145 rio off ones? Who thought i know i'll hold them back and let the people on the cup scheme with the big points panic into buying towards the corner at that price and we can let the citycard members have the ones that go towards the middle instead.

It's a cup final, not the semi, they knew we'd sell out ffs, so why (if people were silly, like me, to get into debt to pay the £145 ones) hide the best seats from sale until the final day? Isn't that the opposite of loyalty pts and sales windows?

There is a bit of a conflict between that FA statement and City's own Ticket announcement.

https://www.mancity.com/news/ticket...nal-ticket-information-sales-criteria-watford

I just counted the number in each category on City's web-site.

This is the current picture. We are on the East side. Club Wembley are the Purple seats and the £145 seats are the Red seats. That's all that's showing online now, but during today some £45, £70 and £115 were added but sold quickly so may happen again tomorrow.

There are approximately 1150 x £145 tickets which I reckon will go tomorrow providing that Cityzens realise they can buy tomorrow. It would not surprise me at all if a large number of City fans are completely unaware that they can buy from tomorrow.

WABqwyp.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.