FA Cup Final 2024 | Manchester Derby | Sat 25 May 3:00pm

Does anybody know the following question
I am a matchday citizen so for the semi final when it came round for me to purchase tickets they were a few thousand left . The club has been allocated tickets not much lower for the final and its a sell out. Anybody know why? I'm gutted
Higher demand, to be fair last season we had a champions league final and a lot of season ticket holders couldn't afford both. With that not the case this season, this was always going to sell out quicker.

I'm a season ticket holder and missed out, went last year so won't lose any sleep over it to be honest. I've joined the CS for next season anyway.

Last edited:
Plenty can’t be bothered with the semi final it seems.
Cost of living has something to do with it as well plus last season was three tough journeys to Wembley twice and Istanbul. For the FA Cup final our homeward journey took the best part of 8 hours, (pink car park!) and everyone knows the travails of Istanbul.

I went to all three but this season was away when the semi final was on and out of the 30 plus supporters in our unofficial Supporters club only 8 wanted to go to the final. The only bus we could get was nearly 1k so £125 each as opposed to £45 last season plus ticket plus beer money and food, looking at a £300 day out.

So, I’m missing the first final since I’ve been supporting City, my first was 76 against Newcastle, I’m gutted and will be making forward plans if we get to another final.

However 5 of us that would have gone to Wembley are at my house for beers, BBQ and hopefully will be watching us smash the rags.

Don’t have to be Wembley’d out to not be arsed about going to semis down there, very rare I bother as don’t agree with them being at Wembley. Like to save myself for the finals.
Pep said the players were tired and the fans got them over the line for the semi's so if the fans didn't bother there be no final.

Anyone know if City have been allocated Box Park for the final ? .. and did anyone go for the semi-final, how was it and was it worth the “entry fee” ?
Our other option is The Green Man but looking for a change !

Plenty can’t be bothered with the semi final it seems.
I didn’t bother this time for the semi but when I way up the miles I’ve done in the third and second division, sitting in the Millwall end when we were banned , or the Leeds end , Liverpool end , sat with the great unwashed in Trafford etc etc then hopefully I get a pardon from the JLC’S and those who’ve only ever known success.

I didn’t bother this time for the semi but when I way up the miles I’ve done in the third and second division, sitting in the Millwall end when we were banned , or the Leeds end , Liverpool end , sat with the great unwashed in Trafford etc etc then hopefully I get a pardon from the JLC’S and those who’ve only ever known success.
My comment wasn’t in reference to anyone who has done the hard yards over the years.

I think those who did the hard yards when we had no real prospect of winning anything for thirty five years, save promotion and the odd derby, are all of vintage years and as such priorities change a bit.

I know mine have. Back then even getting to a semi final would have been a huge event and Wembley an unimaginable dream. Therefore demand would have been huge. Just look at the third tier play off final against Gillingham. We sold over 46,000 tickets and could probably have sold double that. All of us prayed we'd see us win one major trophy before we died, just one. Fast forward 25 years and we've now won that many I've actually lost count.

So our dreams have come true ten times over and more. We are not spoiled or jaded by success but we are happy and satisfied. Sure more is great but that aching hunger has been sated.

Now travelling a round trip of 400+ miles to a difficult to get to overpriced stadium when you've done it multiple times isn't as appealing as it was. When you're younger you can rough it, shrug off the inconvenience and tiredness. You usually go with loads of mates and make a weekend of it. At a certain age sadly you've lost a few and others have either stopped going or you've lost touch over the years. It's not the buzz it once was.
This hit home starkly to me at last years final. Forced to get a coach for the first time in decades it was not a pleasant experience. We won of course, which just about made it bearable, but if we'd lost it would have been purgatory.
The never ending uncertainty with train strikes and the prospect of another coach trip had me debating whether to bother this year. I looked at flights but they were extortionate as were hotels. The official train direct to Wembley central swung it for me. No mixing with rags, hopefully faster and more comfortable and a 20 minute walk to the ground. Expensive yes but hey I'm not getting any younger so how often will I get the chance to go? Our recent success could dry up too so I have to grab it while I can.

The mantle has been passed to the younger generation now. It's up to them to get behind the lads, do the hard yards, travel the miles, rough it. Sure a few of us old boys will still do what we can when we can but it's on their shoulders to carry it on.

For the youngsters though my message is this. When you have to.push past one of us walking a bit more slowly now, or think we're a boring old fart on occasion when you're throwing drinks about, remember we've been there, seen it and worn the T-shirt. Us sticking with it through the shit times are why we all get to enjoy the good ones now. Up the Blues and here's to smashing the rags in the final!

I think those who did the hard yards when we had no real prospect of winning anything for thirty five years, save promotion and the odd derby, are all of vintage years and as such priorities change a bit.

I know mine have. Back then even getting to a semi final would have been a huge event and Wembley an unimaginable dream. Therefore demand would have been huge. Just look at the third tier play off final against Gillingham. We sold over 46,000 tickets and could probably have sold double that. All of us prayed we'd see us win one major trophy before we died, just one. Fast forward 25 years and we've now won that many I've actually lost count.

So our dreams have come true ten times over and more. We are not spoiled or jaded by success but we are happy and satisfied. Sure more is great but that aching hunger has been sated.

Now travelling a round trip of 400+ miles to a difficult to get to overpriced stadium when you've done it multiple times isn't as appealing as it was. When you're younger you can rough it, shrug off the inconvenience and tiredness. You usually go with loads of mates and make a weekend of it. At a certain age sadly you've lost a few and others have either stopped going or you've lost touch over the years. It's not the buzz it once was.
This hit home starkly to me at last years final. Forced to get a coach for the first time in decades it was not a pleasant experience. We won of course, which just about made it bearable, but if we'd lost it would have been purgatory.
The never ending uncertainty with train strikes and the prospect of another coach trip had me debating whether to bother this year. I looked at flights but they were extortionate as were hotels. The official train direct to Wembley central swung it for me. No mixing with rags, hopefully faster and more comfortable and a 20 minute walk to the ground. Expensive yes but hey I'm not getting any younger so how often will I get the chance to go? Our recent success could dry up too so I have to grab it while I can.

The mantle has been passed to the younger generation now. It's up to them to get behind the lads, do the hard yards, travel the miles, rough it. Sure a few of us old boys will still do what we can when we can but it's on their shoulders to carry it on.

For the youngsters though my message is this. When you have to.push past one of us walking a bit more slowly now, or think we're a boring old fart on occasion when you're throwing drinks about, remember we've been there, seen it and worn the T-shirt. Us sticking with it through the shit times are why we all get to enjoy the good ones now. Up the Blues and here's to smashing the rags in the final!
Similar situation to you Paul supporting us through the tough times, went to a lot of the away games in the third tier of English football but couldn’t get a ticket for York!

I was in a position to leave work whenever I needed to so I was the main ticket gatherer, as soon as tickets were on sale I was there at Maine Road queuing for the away tickets, I think the points still stood in those days and a few of us had loads but they disappeared when we moved to the Etihad.

One of my favourite memories was at Macclesfield at the beginning of the season, stood in the open end behind the goal, huge black clouds, thunder and lightning and the Goats late winner, those were happy days, was 39 at the beginning of that season. Would struggle to do those trips (with the amount of boozing involved) these days.

What’s this nonsense about Michael Oliver now? On City’s pay roll haha why do people write and believe so much nonsense these days. It’s scary

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.