FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

My original post was simply "Just got home. What a rubbish day". That's it. Nothing else. So if you want to have a go at so called entitled fans, at least pick the right ones to have a go at.
You sound like a miserable supporter, we've had great days out even when we've lost, it's all about going to the match with mates with the anticipation not expectation we'd win, was there no part of yesterday that yuu enjoyed or was it all "rubbish"?

I've just woken up, still feel a bit tired, achy and drained. A long, long day at Wembley really does take it out of you as you get older. Set off at 6:45, back home just before midnight. Wembley is a great day out when you win but a bloody expensive, draining waste of time when you lose. That's football I guess.

The club's charter train, although expensive and slower than Avanti, turned out to be a master stroke. Guaranteed comfortable seat in first class and rag free, a huge bonus on the way home after losing. The all scouse crew were excellent as well.

Onto the game. I had a nagging feeling the rags name was on the cup since they got to Wembley and sadly so it proved. They raised their game like underdogs often do in a derby and we didn't. They had nothing to lose. Written off by the pundits and almost everyone else they fought like fuck every inch of the way. Too many of our players had an off day.

The first half, although a little flat, we were in total control without really threatening....until the rags scored. They had threatened with a couple of breaks and we went from looking a bit jittery at the back to a total basket case. We could have gone in four down at the break. The two goals they scored were horrendous defending. Gvardiol's header was almost a carbon copy of bloody Jamie Pollock's against QPR many years ago. Only Walker in the back four came out with any credit. All on Pep that. To play Ake and Stones together with their recent lack of match fitness turned out even more horrifically than many of us predicted on seeing the team sheet. A total Pep fuck up, the kind he has every now and then. Sadly this one happened in a final against the rags.

At 2-0 down it was always going to be a big ask to come back in the ever increasing and sapping heat at Wembley. Doku made a difference and scored, albeit too late and we hit the bar and Alvarez missed a sitter and they rode their luck. As I said earlier their name was on the fucker. Madely, as expected, was a fucking disgrace of a ref. Just like his brother he is an anti City ****.

The fans were okay. A typical Wembley crowd of loyal blues, only go to big game fans and tourists. As usual a lot over doing it on the drink and sniff. They tried to get behind the team and did on the whole but our pretty flat performance and being 2-0 down drained them too. If we had scored earlier in the second half I think we may have pulled it back, although maybe not, as I said earlier their name was on the fucker.

This group of players hit their magnificent peak last season with that incredible treble. Key departures, injuries and age caught up with them this year. A magnificent effort to win the league, lose on penalties in the quarter finals of the champions league and get to the fa cup final though. Credit where it's due.

Now is the time for a refresh and rebuild. We've done it before over the years let's hope Pep has the hunger and desire to do it again.
Sums it up well. We need some changes now. Some of our stars are at an age when they will slowly be phased out. We have been magnificent but time waits for no one and Pep will be ruthless with buying and selling in the summer. The team looked mentally tired yesterday. Shame it happened against United who were very ordinary despite the media hype.

I keep reading remarks alleging that our players were celebrating all week. Where did that come from? Is there CONCRETE proof not social media/media insinuation?
Yes some players were seen coming out of some place in Manchester in the early hours on Monday morning but that was to be expected and they thoroughly deserved It.
However I don’t remember seeing or hearing of any celebrations after that but did see a couple of photos of them training during the week. So where did the allegations come from?

Well there is someone who works for City who lives round the corner from me and they said to my wife yesterday that they’d been on it most of the week and they thought they’d just turn up and win, they were fuming at the end of the match knowing this.

Last edited:
You sound like a miserable supporter, we've had great days out even when we've lost, it's all about going to the match with mates with the anticipation not expectation we'd win, was there no part of yesterday that yuu enjoyed or was it all "rubbish"?
I agree with your sentiment about days out when we’ve lost. But, that was hard to take yesterday, not seen fans as angry at that performance for a long while, more so cause it was them. Half time completely subdued. Onwards and upwards, to the transfer forum :)

The rags in the pub though the rags played great. I tried asking them if they are happy watching this anti football. Probably the wrong time to ask lol.
I also said I'm happy to lose a good game of football which the final wasn't. I said rags played like a 'small' club.

This season I honestly didn't think City win anything I really did. I really did. After last seasons treble I thought going again would be to much to ask both mentally and physically.
I think this was the case, this season wasn't vintage City but the drive got the team over the line in many games. To win a 4th league on the trot is fucking amazing, truly incredible feat
This team also won the Super Cup and World Cup this season. Now all our players are of on international duties when they really need a rest.

Yesterday was odd I agree a short warm up time on the pitch was odd. Play Stones who wasn't match fit etc. It was a game to far in a hectic season where City won the Super Cup, World Cup and the Premier league not bad ?

I can only imagine the relief of getting over the line for the Premier league and being the first time to do 4 in a row was huge. To get back to that high again would be hard.

So from this FOC I'm more than happy with these 3 trophies.

Some need to give their heads a real go wobble.

I agree, I think we have over achieved, we have one or two elephants in the room where sentiment cannot be allowed, KDB has to accept he is not an automatic starter, I think another full back is essential and the midfield needs some legs, every team has a cycle, if we don‘t refresh I think Arsenal will win it at A canter next season
Agreed a big summer ahead for Pep and Txiki. I think we need a rb and with Bernardo potentially leaving another midfielder/rw, plus an understudy to Rodri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.