FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

He's trying to say that opinions are subjective and you should respect them. For example my priorities (and I know i'm in a minority) would be:
1st equal = 1st Division Championship (now Premier League) and FA Cup
2nd = League Cup (Carabao)
3rd = Chumps League
1 CL, 2PL, 3 FA CUP

The foreign players ALL want the Champions League, it is the most important competition in world football, like it or not.

It wasn’t our day and the first half was a shocker. Credit to Doku for cha going the game and we could easily have taken it into extra time with the chances we had.

I was a bit shocked at some of our fans leaving from 15 minutes to go and our support on the day was bang average:
I actually thought initially it was better than Chelsea. It went down hill quickly when the team decided to serve up what they did.

Woke up with a raging hangover and still pissed off with yesterday. I can take losing if the effort is there and we just get unlucky like the Madrid game but mainly pissed off at Pep? Admitting after the game the selection and shape was wrong was something we all knew when the teams came out before the match! No Dias or Akanji was mad and imo we didn’t need Kova in there as the rags were always going to defend deep so an extra attacking body was required and we would have overrun them. Our big game players also didn’t perform, KDB dragged off after 56 minutes after mainly falling over the ball more than passing it, Foden poor, Rodri poor and besides his shot hitting the bar Haaland couldn’t get into the game as we didn’t support him with anything? Ortega at fault for the 1st goal and Walker YET AGAIN not tracking back fast enough for the 2nd?! It was a chance for more history and against them twats as well! Anyway, rant over, 4 in a row but changes need to be made in the summer as this the team needs some fresh hungry talent who haven’t won much or anything yet. What a run though and all of these players have given us our best moments and will go down in history as premier league greats but gotta be a bit ruthless this summer and refresh things.

I've just woken up, still feel a bit tired, achy and drained. A long, long day at Wembley really does take it out of you as you get older. Set off at 6:45, back home just before midnight. Wembley is a great day out when you win but a bloody expensive, draining waste of time when you lose. That's football I guess.

The club's charter train, although expensive and slower than Avanti, turned out to be a master stroke. Guaranteed comfortable seat in first class and rag free, a huge bonus on the way home after losing. The all scouse crew were excellent as well.

Onto the game. I had a nagging feeling the rags name was on the cup since they got to Wembley and sadly so it proved. They raised their game like underdogs often do in a derby and we didn't. They had nothing to lose. Written off by the pundits and almost everyone else they fought like fuck every inch of the way. Too many of our players had an off day.

The first half, although a little flat, we were in total control without really threatening....until the rags scored. They had threatened with a couple of breaks and we went from looking a bit jittery at the back to a total basket case. We could have gone in four down at the break. The two goals they scored were horrendous defending. Gvardiol's header was almost a carbon copy of bloody Jamie Pollock's against QPR many years ago. Only Walker in the back four came out with any credit. All on Pep that. To play Ake and Stones together with their recent lack of match fitness turned out even more horrifically than many of us predicted on seeing the team sheet. A total Pep fuck up, the kind he has every now and then. Sadly this one happened in a final against the rags.

At 2-0 down it was always going to be a big ask to come back in the ever increasing and sapping heat at Wembley. Doku made a difference and scored, albeit too late and we hit the bar and Alvarez missed a sitter and they rode their luck. As I said earlier their name was on the fucker. Madely, as expected, was a fucking disgrace of a ref. Just like his brother he is an anti City ****.

The fans were okay. A typical Wembley crowd of loyal blues, only go to big game fans and tourists. As usual a lot over doing it on the drink and sniff. They tried to get behind the team and did on the whole but our pretty flat performance and being 2-0 down drained them too. If we had scored earlier in the second half I think we may have pulled it back, although maybe not, as I said earlier their name was on the fucker.

This group of players hit their magnificent peak last season with that incredible treble. Key departures, injuries and age caught up with them this year. A magnificent effort to win the league, lose on penalties in the quarter finals of the champions league and get to the fa cup final though. Credit where it's due.

Now is the time for a refresh and rebuild. We've done it before over the years let's hope Pep has the hunger and desire to do it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.