FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

Beaten by a shower of shit. Fucking hate them although I’m 300 pound up but still fucking gutted. Doko excellent. We were on the piss for sure. Oh well Champions parade tomorrow for sure

Sorry Pep, The Hag outsmarted you today.

I wouldn't even say that. We knew exactly how the rags would play, they basically did a dress rehearsal in their last two league games. It wasnt some secret how they would line up, it wasnt some hidden masterclass.

We just didn't turn up. Some will say we were complacent, some will say we ran out of steam.

To be clear, the team Pep selected made a lot of sense on paper. He knew they'd play a diamond in midfield and look to break at every opportunity, so he decided to play Stones for his ability on the ball, Ake for his recovery pace and Kovacic for maximum possession. They were totally neutralised until we gifted them a goal. Doku was fantastic when he came on, but I wouldn't have started him against Wan-Bissaka either.

Players let him down today. He clearly told them as much at half time, because we were a lot more like ourselves second half. But we gave ourselves too much to do. Lacked quality in moments.

The league was always the priority for me but still very disappointing, especially against such a mediocre United side.

We need a productive transfer window or I can see Arsenal finishing above us next season. The midfield needs an overhaul.

If Matheus Nunes can't get a minute of fucking time on the pitch with our midfield looking that awful then either he fucked Pep's daughter or we never should have bought him.

Our midfield transfers the last couple seasons have been DIRE. Desperately need an overhaul this summer - two world-class midfielders better be brought in or we aren't a serious club. Go get Bruno Guimares and one of Olmo/Olise/Eze/Neves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.