FA Cup Final Post Match thread

Until the city manager realises that when teams are really up for it and spread the ball around like wigan tried the game just bypasses yaya.

Some has said on another thread he is lazy and that about summed up most of the team yesterday. We never closed anyone down and looked like a team about to get relegated not finish second in the league.

I really do hope that is the last time I have to watch fucking Gareth The Slug Barry in a Manchester City shirt!!

once again his lack of pace and piss poor distribution has cost us a match when will people realise he just isn't good enough FFS

And well done to Wigan they played with passion and a great game plan that worked for them

never had a problem seeing City loose when they have been outplayed and today we were well and truly outplayed and out fought at times Wigans midfield need to take a bow

We need to put some pace and steel into our midfield and Barry and Milner are clearly not the answer They have proven that time and time again we need to address this and fast

WELL DONE WIGAN.
We were outplayed tactically and on the field.

But being City supporters lets look at both the serious implications and the lighter side to yesterdays disappointing and tearful final.

SERIOUS -
Not a good advert for our global expansion and probably set us back 12 months.

Not being winners this season might affect our transfer activities over coming months ( although money does usually help to swallow the pill ).

Existing players confidence affected.

THE LIGHTER SIDE OF LIFE -

Joe Hart - although not a busy afternoon managed to get some touchline kicking practise before his move to Sale Sharks.

Zabaleta - did not fancy the extra 30 minutes.

Clichy - did not fancy the match altogether.

Yaya - It was really Kolo in disguise.

Barry - Must have thought that beyond the halfway line was booby trapped.

Mancini - Obviously confused and thought we were playing Wigan Warriors. Passing to the side or backwards and giving back possession every six tackles ( well maybe one or two ).
Did not anticipate the up and over in the last minute however.

Onwards and upwards City. Have a gut feeling we will win everything next year (except the Community Shield of course ).

Wigan fan here. Everyone I have spoken to has nothing but respect for the way you responded yesterday. Many of your fans stayed on to see the cup be presented (unlike the corporate lot) and I lost count of the number of City fans who shook our hands after the game. Fantastic to meet such good supporters, you are a credit to yourselves and your club.

Gutted yesterday but on reflection I can cope with losing to Wigan. They deserved it and the result confirmed why the FA Cup is still one of best competitions in the world. We need to dust ourselves down and prepare for next season. The roller-coaster goes on.

just got back. apart from the result we had a great week end. feel bad now but I know mancini will knock them in to shape over the summer and off we go again.

ctid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.