FA Cup Final | United (N) - Sat 3rd June 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I’m quietly confident it pays to remember this is a derby and a cup final form often goes out of the window, more importantly is the psychological form of the team
There are more ‘levellers’ in this than any game I can remember.

It’s at a neutral ground
The Wembley pitch is never in great nick
It’s a Cup final
It’s a derby
We’re fighting for a treble
They’re fighting to stop us winning the treble and remain the only ever treble winners
We’ve mentally had a few weeks off and have no kind of form or rhythm
Our team has been disjointed and poor for a few games
We’ve got a few niggles to some of our best players.

It’s at a neutral ground
It’s a Cup final
It’s a derby
They’re fighting to stop us winning the treble and remain the only ever treble winners

I always find this strange. It's meant to be the showpiece stadium and the pitch is never up to the same level as top Premier league grounds.

It wasn't long ago in a semi at Wembley that an opposition player took out our key midfielder, Silva, early doors and we lost. Just hope we don't suffer the loss of KdB early doors by the same method. I wouldn't put it past these rag barstewards, Casimiro is well capable of this.

We will still smash them.
That’s my only concern though the Europa League Final demonstrated than an all English refereeing team can actually clamp down on shithousery if they want but I won’t be holding my breath.

It’s at a neutral ground
It’s a Cup final
It’s a derby
I don’t have any concerns about lack of form or rhythm. It’s only 17 days since the RM match, the best performance I’ve ever seen from City, since when we’ve played 3 warm up matches. I’m sure we’ll be in great shape.

As long as we don’t do anything stupid eg conceding a daft penalty in the first minute, I think we’ll be fine. But luck, bad decisions etc can always change a match

Bet the rags have asked for long grass and it being dry that is ideal for park bus hit on the break football

It’s at a neutral ground
It’s a Cup final
It’s a derby
It’s at a neutral ground - we have played there far more often than them over recent years, so if anything it helps us
The Wembley pitch is never in great nick - it will be in pretty good nick and far better than some PL grounds where we have won this season
It’s a Cup final - we have a pretty good record in them
It’s a derby - Dippers are their rivals aren't they?
We’re fighting for a treble - Bring it on
They’re fighting to stop us winning the treble and remain the only ever treble winners - they are shit
We’ve mentally had a few weeks off and have no kind of form or rhythm - not a cat in hell's chance Pep allows anyone to switch off and if anything the like of Phil have played better these last few games
Our team has been disjointed and poor for a few games - not really
We’ve got a few niggles to some of our best players. No we haven't and they have starters ruled out and others just coming back from injury

Question: do you think this is the most important Manchester derby in history?

The chance of winning the treble... Is this comparable to any other previous derby?

How do you think they feel about this? I mean, for us, this derby means a lot of things apart from the derby itself, but... What will be their point of view? Will they be scared of losing the "only-treble-winners-in-England" status?

If you are wondering, yes, I can't sleep due to overthinking...
For me the FA Cup semi in 2011 and the home derby in the 2012 season were more important. But this is stil very much up there.

2011 was a must-win to finally get to a trophy showpiece

2012 was a complete do or die for the title

This ones important, of course, but should the unthinkable happen we still have the league won and the CL final coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.