FA Cup Final | United (N) - Sat 3rd June 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Main thing that concerns me with this game is that our record away from the Etihad against top 9 prem sides is pretty bad. Think we have beaten just arsenal and only Sevilla away in the champions league.

Finals are usually nervy tight affairs think we will just sneak it 2 1
Have you not seen United’s away record?

Fucks sake, we’ve shied away from nothing, we can only beat what’s been put in front of us, Leipzig, Bayern, Madrid. We’ve got a cup final first against the biggest cunts in football, we’ll get that done first, then do what we need to against Inter. Stop being so negatively focused
Negative? That's bloody rich coming from you, who started a thread crying about "are we hated more than Millwall?" and then changed it to "why are we hated so much?". If that isn't negative then I don't know what is, so get out of your glass house and stop flinging stones. I won't take advice from you about positivity.

I didn't say we had shied away from anything, I said we couldn't shy away from defeat if it does happen. I don't think it will happen in either game, but we would find it easier to brush off an FA Cup final defeat than CL final defeat.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend any Man City boozers in and around city centre that will have a good atmosphere on sat for the match? Cheers

If only football was so simple, we'd have beaten wigan ;-)

I expect us to beat them, but I won't take it for granted.
Wigan was a strange game a lot going on behind the scenes regarding Mancini and not sure the players were on board , this current squad and manager is a million miles away from that , not taking the Rags for granted because they used to do that to us in years gone by and we regularly gave them a bloody nose as complete underdogs.
The tables have turned and we are their cup final , literally

I'm with you on this one. We simply have to win the CL. We can't shy away from another CL failure, not this time. Not after a stupendous run against elite teams. To lose it against an Inter side that's lost 12 league games and only beat Porto, Benfica and Milan to get to the final would be hard to take. I actually think an FA Cup final defeat, whilst bad at the time, would become relatively insignificant if we bring home the big prize from Istanbul.
I totally agree...the FA Cup (albeit against them lot) is a bonus. The Champions League is the holy grail and the reason Pep was brought in ultimately. Yes, we've been really successful, but we have to bring "Big ears" home from Istanbul. Take one game at a time, talk from them lot is "stopping us doing the Treble". If we lose on Saturday but took the Champions League, I'd be very happy personally.

Obviously anything can happen in a one-off game, especially a derby in a final. However, we’re a far superior side to them, we’re fully rested, have no injuries and have a treble to play for. We’re big favourites with the bookies for a reason, and I fully trust this team and manager. Team largely picks itself:

Ortega
Walker
Stones
Dias
Akanji
Rodri
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Grealish
Haaland

Only question marks really are Akanji/Ake, and Bernardo/Foden.

Come on City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.