FA Cup Final | United (N) - Sat 3rd June 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone talking about what would you rather have, FA Cup or Champions League, it shouldn't be a choice. BOTH!! We are a better team than both the rags and Inter.

A month ago we were still battling on all fronts but now the league is in the bag, it would be a failure to not win the treble if we are stronger than our opposition in both finals (which we are by a country mile). Everyone picking between the 2 cups are just making early excuses so that if we do lose tomorrow, you can all say "well I always said I would rather have the Champions League than the FA Cup".

Have some confidence in these players because they have shown what they can do this season on the big occasions (Arsenal x 3, Everton when we NEEDED a win, Bayern x 2, Real x 2 etc.), they know full well what they are fighting for and I believe they will do everything in their power to do it.

They’re all desperate for united to win, not so much so they get a trophy but more so to stop us doing the treble. Matterface just wished Meulensteen luck for tomorrow.

It’s being billed as them stopping us.

I hope to fucking god we don’t just win, but Watfordize the cunts and make them look fucking stupid.

Big fan of the term Watfordize.

To be fair to United (expecting bricks to be thrown!) if I remember right, they were basically ordered to play that club world cup thing as part of a failed deal to get the real World Cup in England - not sure which one - possibly 2010? As it turned out we were out-bid (or out bribed) so it never happened anyway....

They should have played their youth team though in the FA Cup, I have always argued that.

Even if Fifa had anything to do with it and politics you still play the FAcup, you send your 2nd best team and youth players to the club world cup because it was and still is meaningless

They’re all desperate for united to win, not so much so they get a trophy but more so to stop us doing the treble. Matterface just wished Meulensteen luck for tomorrow.

It’s being billed as them stopping us.

I hope to fucking god we don’t just win, but Watfordize the cunts and make them look fucking stupid.
There seems to be some assumption that the desire to stop City winning the treble will somehow lift the United team to superhuman levels of performance that they have hitherto shown little evidence of doing. However, i don't believe the players themselves have the 'we won the treble' thing as ingrained in them as the fans (with the possible exception of Rashford). Hence, their best hope has got to be blind luck (an early sending off, and unexpected deflection) or us just not playing well.

Play this game 10 times and we win it 9, IMO. But it's the 1 time that's keeping me nervous.

PS: 'Watfordise' - I like that and will steal it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.