FA Cup Games 4/5/6 Feb '22

Makes the eric handball v spurs such bollocks

Exactly what I was thinking of. Although that brushed his arm, and did not rebound off another part of his body. Which is potentially more problematic.
Although in that case, he neither changed the trajectory of the ball, nor helped it on. So it was a bloody stupid judgement.

Didn’t see the Boro goal, but what I read was that it bounced off his body onto his hand. If that is so, there is no conceivable intention, and it is a perfectly good goal. You cannot intend to handle the ball if it’s been deflected on to it in a split second. Nobody born has those reflexes. Just as, negatively, Micah’s penalty against Liverpool in the league cup was not conceivably a penalty.
The mere fact of the ball touching your arm or hand means nothing. To me, you have to judge intention, I’m afraid. I think we’ve come back to good sense, personally. Of course, if the ball has not bounced off a part of your body, but hit your hand directly, that can be a tricky judgement for the referee. I’m aware of that. And there’ll always be disagreements between fans and ref.

Anyway, one thing is beyond interpretation and ambiguity — we’re all having a fucking good laugh today.
Be furious if that was allowed against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.