FA cup....Nottingham Forest v City 27th January 1974

Eh?? The previous season Bury (4th division) dumped us out of the League Cup 2-0 at Gigg Lane and the season before that Bolton (3rd division) hammered us 3-0 in the League Cup at Burnden and Boro (2nd division) knocked us out of the FA Cup after a replay. It was a shocking performance at Forest but not exactly a shock result, even though we got to the League Cup final that season we struggled to put away lower division teams. York took us to a replay and Walsall to a second replay.
that was my first game i went to, m62 was just opened and i went from donny with a fellow city fan and his dad who was a bolton fan, im sure there was plenty of cars parked up on the duel carridgeway near the ground 40k plus i think

Memory maybe playing tricks, but was it entry by "donation" cos of the Sunday trading laws - I think we got in for 10 new pence ( as they were called back then!)

all sunday games had to have a free gate so if you found 1 in you went in, well at donny rovers i found the free gate
I think they could charge for a team sheet but not actual stadium admission.
Went on the coach and it was mayhem in the car park afterwards as our coaches were parked on the opposite side of the ground to where our fans were standing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.