FA cup....Nottingham Forest v City 27th January 1974

I think they could charge for a team sheet but not actual stadium admission.
Went on the coach and it was mayhem in the car park afterwards as our coaches were parked on the opposite side of the ground to where our fans were standing.

I don’t remember this game but that was the set up at the John Player Sunday League at Lancs. They couldn’t charge admission on a Sunday but sold programmes for a very similar amount to what admission might have been. Legally it wasn’t compulsory to buy one but I’m not sure how far you’d get if you insisted you didn’t want to buy one?

I don’t remember this game but that was the set up at the John Player Sunday League at Lancs. They couldn’t charge admission on a Sunday but sold programmes for a very similar amount to what admission might have been. Legally it wasn’t compulsory to buy one but I’m not sure how far you’d get if you insisted you didn’t want to buy one?
Great days watching Lancy at OT in the early 70s on Sundays 40 overs and we nearly always won.

Not on the box mate,but I think it was our first ever Sunday game.
Don't think there is any footage of this match anywhere.
Not that city fans would want to see it...

I've spoken to quite a few older forest fans who went...they all say Duncan McKenzie was outstanding.a few also remember the game being stopped due to the crossbar on one of the goals needing a repair...anyone remember this ?

Quite a few blues remember the trouble before and after the game..sounds as tho it was bad..City taking a reduced following due to the switch to Sunday from sat and no train running due to strikes I think...

Including our kid.
I was there with loads of mates from Handforth and we got split up at half time came back after a brew to be surrounded by forest fans, scary af. I got lobbed out by old bill just before kick off and just paid to get back in. The forest fans just waited for us at the end of the bridge. Eventually just charged them en masse and took our chances..

I was at the game as a 14 year old with Dad on a coach from Ashton u Lyne ,Duncan Mckenzie was just unbelievable future manager Frank Clark was also playing. It kicked off before during and after the match with a few fans ending up in the Trent.
Are you sure about Frank Clark playing? He was a Newcastle player at that time and played in the Cup Final that season for them when they lost 0-3 to Liverpool. I know he joined Forest later and won many trophies with them.

I was there with my Dad. We got done by the police for speeding on the way there ( motorway speed limits had been reduced because of fuel shortages) , got done by McKenzie (his best game ever) and got done by a Forest thug after the game who smacked me in the face and stole my City scarf !

I've had better days following City and to be honest, worse ones too but all part of the journey following this magnificent club !

(Don't remember the crossbar incident but remember all the fighting)

CTID

A disaster from start to finish…. Train strike fucked us up off the pitch loads went but not mobbed up got picked off left right and centre. Forest never had a better chance we got chased out of our half of the big open end into the side paddock where we held our own for 90 mins …. On the pitch got stuffed by big fat duck arse mckenzie
I got leathered in the ground at half time then again coming out city had to walk through thousands of the twats to get back to the main car park next to the Trent End
Helen saved the day for me she had about 50 city fans walk behind her to that car park we walked right through the twats with her at the front wielding her brolly in one hand and bell in the other Forest just parted and we all walked through
Bit embarrassing really but these Forest cunts were men to me I was 16 remember loads of them were either miners and loads off greasers too scruffy cunts
Made a point of twatting at least one Forest fan every year we played them there once they got back in division 1

If I am not mistaken because of Sunday trading laws then, payment on the gate was for a team sheet. There was a lot of trouble that day City fans took over the pub next to the cricket ground opposite Forests ground. Rodney Marsh never broke into a trot and was subbed Frank
Carrodus got the consolation goal another early exit from the cup, not so happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.