FA Cup QF Draw | Saints (A) - Sun 20 March 15:00

Who do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a look and the last few years quarter finals have all been split equally 2 on saturday and 2 on sunday.
Last year times of the quarter finals were 12.15 and 5.30 on the Saturday and 1.30 and 5.00 on the Sunday.

How many tickets will we get for this? They should go back to the days of the away side getting 25% for days cup matches

The narrative from pundits regarding the draw appears to be we havent beaten Southampton this season , which also means they havent beaten us , i doubt they get lucky three times in a season , if we dont beat a mid table Saints team we do not deserve to go to Wembley to play the Dippers or Chleski in the semi-final.

Sorry - I'm genuinely intrigued - who highlighted the consistent away Premier League draws?
can't remember who highlighted it , it may have been Kevin Parker on SSN, it wasn't anybody officially from City, it was mentioned that we had drawn Villa, Norwich, Chelsea, West Ham, Palace, Huddersfield, Boro all consecutively away all were PL clubs except Huddersfield who won promotion that season and remember paddy power saying odds were like 8000/1 on that happening and it was mentioned it was because of sponsorship of FA Cup by Emirates who were direct rivals with Etihad

I had a look and the last few years quarter finals have all been split equally 2 on saturday and 2 on sunday.
They haven't, 2019 was 3 Saturday 1 Sunday, 2020 was 1 Saturdays and 3 Sundays, 2021 was split 2 & 2.

can't remember who highlighted it , it may have been Kevin Parker on SSN, it wasn't anybody officially from City, it was mentioned that we had drawn Villa, Norwich, Chelsea, West Ham, Palace, Huddersfield, Boro all consecutively away all were PL clubs except Huddersfield who won promotion that season and remember paddy power saying odds were like 8000/1 on that happening and it was mentioned it was because of sponsorship of FA Cup by Emirates who were direct rivals with Etihad
This is utter nonsense.

Let's ignore the fact that one of the teams we played in this run of consecutive draws away to Premier League teams was Huddersfield from the Championship for a moment.

You're saying that the draw has been fixed for years and until Kevin Parker pointed out the consistent away draws we were getting, they carried on stitching us up.

If there was an ounce of truth to the suspicion that they were fixing the draws to give us tough games, I'd expect a tougher run than Norwich City, Aston Villa, Chelsea, West Ham United, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield Town and Middlesbrough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.