FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw | Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've avoided the tie I wanted least in the 6th round, Sheff Utd away, getting kicked to bits in front of a raucous Yorksheer crowd. Rags in the semi and Blackburn in the final will do me now.

If it's to be a City v. rags final, though, I would risk having to deal with the possibility of getting cheated out of it for the sheer elation of humiliating them before a global audience. That's one that will echo down the ages, I'll happily take that to the old folks home in my rocker, and off it too.

They've had 30 cup draws in the last 5 seasons and have got 18 home 12 away.

So they're 3 off dead centre.
I wasn’t arguing whether it was or wasn’t aberrational, I was explaining the difference between what he was describing (pure discrete event probability) and what the other person was describing (aggregate expected value probability).

Though, I think in the case of the argument, like many in time-restricted data analytics, recency is king, and trend is where the insights are largely found.

That’s a round about way of saying recent outcomes could be aberrational even if historical outcomes do not seem so.

Fantastic draw. Will be a fantastic occasion and a great match

Rags got the 2nd best team they could have done so not sure why people have a problem with it
It would have been better if they had been drawn away for a change this season.

I'll take that bet

10 times in a row you get red or black- the only other outcome is an edge and that's not going to happen.

When do we do the observed bet?

Zero.

Depending where in the world you are, possibly also double zero.

Vinny will want to beat us badly, he is a winner. For him its the ideal game to show how he has progressed as a manager. I have no doubt he loves City but turning us over will cost him no sleep.

I hope we welcome him home before the game as a returning hero as he deserves it, but once the game starts that must stop, he is the enemy. After the game we can acclaim him win or lose.

Burnley are a very good side, it will be no walkover, hope Pep plays the best eleven he can and beat the fuckers.

We will still love Vinny come what may.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.