FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw | Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t arguing whether it was or wasn’t aberrational, I was explaining the difference between what he was describing (pure discrete event probability) and what the other person was describing (aggregate expected value probability).

Though, I think in the case of the argument, like many in time-restricted data analytics, recency is king, and trend is where the insights are largely found.

That’s a round about way of saying recent outcomes could be aberrational even if historical outcomes do not seem so.
Thank you professor.

I've been a croupier, I've seen 10 consecutive red rolls, black rolls, odd rolls, even rolls and that's just roulette. I've seen all 7 players dealt black jack in the same hand, I've dealt at a craps table and not seen a 7 rolled for 2 hours.....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.