FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw | Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
WIll be nice to welcome Vinny back, but it will be a tough game. a good one to measure Burnley's progress under him.

Hopefully Fulham can deal with the rags. Brighton should get through and the other game should be Sheffield United but we will see.

Remains a tricky competition to win with the teams remaining. Hopefully we get through, and if the rags do we get to deal with them in the semi finals.

In a cup final at Wembley I’d back us over the Salford scum any day.

We generally don’t lose at Wembley.

In a cup final at Wembley I’d back us over the Salford scum any day.

We generally don’t lose at Wembley.
When we do lose at Wembley it's mostly when we are in the FA cup, weve lost 3 semi finals in the FA cup alone In a row at Wembley in recent years now that's fucking grim.

*Trafford

And we’ve lost our four of our last five visits at Wembley.

L Arsenal FA Cup semi 2020
L Chelsea FA Cup semi 2021
W Spurs EFL Cup final 2021
L Leicester Community Shield 2021
L Liverpool FA Cup semi 2022
Correct if anything our good Wembley record has gone to shit tbh, especially our fa cup record at Wembley it's terrible.

Th

The odds of a home game for any single draw doesn’t change, but the odds of it happening ten times in a row is very low. Think of flipping a coin where the odds of a head would always be 0.5 on each individual flip. But chances of getting ten heads in a row is 0.5 to the power of 10, or around 0.0009, so basically one in a thousand!!
But the odds of Heads, Tails, Heads, Heads, Tails, Tails, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails or any other combination is EXACTLY THE SAME. Because 10 consecutive heads stands out your using bias to assume the odds are disproportionate to another sequence-there not!

Well, actually, a statistician (I happen to be one) would say the method of draw is by no means random, meaning they don’t have exactly an even chance on each occasion.

If it was a truly random selection process, then yes, that would be the case and probabilistic analysis would confirm no bias. But, as it is not, expected values could be used as a baseline to determine how close to random the selection process actually is and give some indication to the level of bias inherent in the process.
Well a mathematician (I happen to be one) would say your talking bollocks ;)

Do we reckon this will be on the Saturday?
100% - they have Thursday football so we’ll be Saturday game. No chance we’ll both be at home on the same day. Trafford is outside Manchester but Piccadilly gets heavily used by their fans :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.