FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw | Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this which might help working out when we might play.

'ITV will have first pick and fourth pick of matches in the Second Round, Fourth Round and the Quarter Finals, as well as second and third picks for the First, Third and Fifth Rounds and second pick of the Semi-finals'.

Surely we would be the first pick for ITV, BBC will pick the rags regardless of who they are playing and then probably the Sheffield game leaving ITV with Brighton. Rags have to play Sunday meaning we will be whatever time slot ITV have on the Saturday, with the Sheffield game also being played that day on BBC. Brighton v Grimsby would be played Sunday.

'ITV will have first pick and fourth pick of matches in the Second Round, Fourth Round and the Quarter Finals, as well as second and third picks for the First, Third and Fifth Rounds and second pick of the Semi-finals'.

Surely we would be the first pick for ITV, BBC will pick the rags regardless of who they are playing and then probably the Sheffield game leaving ITV with Brighton. Rags have to play Sunday meaning we will be whatever time slot ITV have on the Saturday, with the Sheffield game also being played that day on BBC. Brighton v Grimsby would be played Sunday.
Grimsby play Tuesday 21st so they are likely to be Saturday.

I think Grimsby will be early Saturday, with City the later game, Sheffield Utd early Sunday and united the later game.

These guys are no mugs for sure ..... This will be a tough game and we cant play our C team.

If they were in the Premier League, they would be a mid table team for sure. There better than half the dross in our league by way of : Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth etc .........

Only reservation is that would that football type Burnley play work for a team who aren't as technically gifted as us against the low block teams. This reservation comes as we extremely struggle against low block teams at times ....

I wonder if there’s a mathematical formula for the above....

Grimsby play Tuesday 21st so they are likely to be Saturday.

I think Grimsby will be early Saturday, with City the later game, Sheffield Utd early Sunday and united the later game.
Didn't know about Grimsby so it's pretty straight forward really.

I'm guessing Monday night is out of the question, given the international games on the following Thursday?

I think he rocked up in a hoodie when Forest beat us at home in the Cup. On one hand, you think, what the fuck does it matter what the manager’s wearing? But when he wears a smart suit every other week, it’s kind of giving out bad vibes of not being as professional as if it were a league game.
Forest was before Pellegrini, Hughes was manager. My thoughts exactly on the hoodie & Jeans… lack of professionalism, laid back attitude, poor preparation.

These guys are no mugs for sure ..... This will be a tough game and we cant play our C team.

If they were in the Premier League, they would be a mid table team for sure. There better than half the dross in our league by way of : Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth etc .........

Only reservation is that would that football type Burnley play work for a team who aren't as technically gifted as us against the low block teams. This reservation comes as we extremely struggle against low block teams at times ....
You might be right but there’s guarantee of that though. 2 biggest points scorers in championship history, Reading and Sunderland, where both relegated the season they were promoted and Norwich often get lots of points before being relegated the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.