FA Cup R5 | Bristol City (A) | Tue 28 Feb 20:00 | - Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only recollection of Bristol City is from the 1965-66 season. Both matches were drawn, 2-2 at Maine Road and 1-1 at Ashton Gate.

In the first match I think that Bristol City club legend John Atyeo scored along with a rare goal for City by Ralph Brand.

I do remember travelling to the away match in Bristol but nothing comes near to recollection.

City ended the season with promotion and Bristol City did not.

I have been to Bristol a few times since then and found it a very nice City but still having a few pisshead locals.
Yes Brand did get 1 in the 2-2,Young got the goal in the 1-1 away.

First saw us there in the old first division in 76-77 (I think). Lost 1-0 with a lot of Anti Jimmy Hill chants following some comment he made the previous weekend on MOTD.
Remember that game well. If memory serves me right city fans in open end and not a bad turn out. Bristol thugs tried to do us by the coaches but my body swerve had me back on finglands coach number 1 and tucking into my corned beef and brown sauce butties. We always got beat away from home back then so can’t think why i bothered. CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.