FA Cup R5 | Bristol City (A) | Tue 28 Feb 20:00 | - Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two very good games.

The away leg was great, noisy home fans, hopeful of an upset after doing so well in the first game, excellent, controlled performance for most of the match, by us.
Cracking away trip that was, loved that ground

One of very few grounds where I’ve not been despite opportunities presenting themselves over the past couple of decades, and somewhat annoyingly will not be able to go this time as I’m already close to being maxed out with holidays from work for this year.

I did go to that Bristol Rovers away game at the back end of the 1998/99 season though. A funny story from that game. It was an early evening kick-off - 6pm IIRC - and an hour or so earlier Bristol City were relegated from the 2nd tier (I think they were away to Sheffield United). We were in a pub which was mainly full of our fans (but there were some Bristol Rovers fans in there too) when Bristol City’s relegation was confirmed much to the amusement of the Rovers fans who were present. Then the rumours started to circulate that Bristol City’s mob were out for Rovers blood and were heading to the pub. We got off to the ground a short while later but there were still plenty of blues in there. I’ve no idea whether the next bit is true but we later heard that the mob had indeed turned up at the pub but got an almighty shock to find a load of our fans in there and they promptly got more than they bargained for!

I remember that well. I won tickets or the Main Stand from Radio Manchester and the presenter (Ian something) came round to the house. Robinson, Deyna and Tueart scored our goals

That's the only time I've ever won anything from the radio although when I was 12 or so, some bastard rang pretending to be from Piccadilly Radio telling me I had won 2 tickets to see 10cc at the Apollo and had to come to the studio to collect. So my Mum duly came with me and of course there were no bastard tickets. Art for Art's sake
That takes me back. I won that quiz back in early 1981 and based on the fact the prize was always tickets for whichever of us or Utd were playing at home the next week sat back to expect 2 tickets for the 4th round Cup tie with Norwich in the post. Imagine my surprise when I received a hardbook book on the history of offroad motorbike racing. Chuffed I was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.