W 7
D 4
L 2

Pre=WW2:

P12
W 2
D 2
L 8

None of which, I freely admit, affects the result of our upcoming clash. But our pre-war record v BC was pretty appallin g.
(John Motson would have rattled these stats off from memory)

I don't get it, what am I missing?
U ever been? The running joke is they put something in the water and usually after spending 5 mins there it is confirmed that they are quite an odd bunch - the accent helps! For the record I see this as a very good thing haha

Have just looked at the other fixtures and it’s a seriously weak round of 16.

If either Spurs or United go out in this round we have no excuse for not winning it

A little tip for you northern chaps coming down to my neck of the woods.

When you get off the bus or out of the taxi, we say "Cheers Drive".

View attachment 70348

Does anybody down in the south-west say "proper job!" or is that a fabrication, like saying scousers say “whack” at the end of their sentences to the person they're speaking to? (Never once heard the latter, but I seem to have heard the former in Devon and Cornwall in the distant pastl).

Does anybody down in the south-west say "proper job!" or is that a fabrication, like saying scousers say “whack” at the end of their sentences to the person they're speaking to? (Never once heard the latter, but I seem to have heard the former in Devon and Cornwall in the distant past!)
Back in the 80s people used to say not to wear a watch to matches in Liverpool as the locals would say 'Errr..got the time whack?' to 'discover' your accent and whether this needed further 'action" on their part.
Back in the 80s I remember City fans would sing at fans they considered to be from more 'rural' areas (remember hearing it at a Ipswich and Norwich games , and probably a Bristol City one too?)this little ditty:
'I can't read and I can't write but that don't really matter, turn it left, turn it right , i can drive a tractor'
Nothing like a bit of regional stereotyping 'artistic licence' . Just like people from the East End of London all eat Jellied eels everyday or Yorkshiremen put ferrets down their trousers (actually, must ask my boss from Bradford about that second one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.