FA Cup R5 | Bristol City (A) | Tue 28 Feb 20:00 | - Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there'll be changes but hopefully not wholesale as it'd be good to see how Phillips does in a largely full strength team rather than one like we played at Southampton.

For those who have no recollection, Bristol City are appalling wank stains. They have a crap ground, a crap rugby team and ugly supporters.

Happily, they've never been in the Premier League and never won the League Cup in 1969.

Unhappily, I recognise that jealousy is an unattractive personality trait which I'm not proud of. And Bristol is a nice city, although not a patch on the sheer magnificence of Swindon (which sadly is not even a city).

For the sake of West Country, come on the Blues.

I've just remembered that they even have inside toilets for visiting supporters. That's just flaunting their wealth. And there are no brilliant roundabouts in Bristol either.

Back in the 80s people used to say not to wear a watch to matches in Liverpool as the locals would say 'Errr..got the time whack?' to 'discover' your accent and whether this needed further 'action" on their part.

I don't know whether they said “whack” but I can confirm that that was not a myth. I saw it in the 70s. Problem was, if you were in the paddock, along one side of the pitch, when you got out you'd have to walk past the Kop to get back to Lime Street. You were really corralled into it. Lads'd come out a bit early and just hang around in groups trying to pick out who didn't look local.
Just one of the many charms of going to Anfield. And we always bloody lost then, as well!

For those who have no recollection, Bristol City are appalling wank stains. They have a crap ground, a crap rugby team and ugly supporters.

Happily, they've never been in the Premier League and never won the League Cup in 1969.

Unhappily, I recognise that jealousy is an unattractive personality trait which I'm not proud of. And Bristol is a nice city, although not a patch on the sheer magnificence of Swindon (which sadly is not even a city).

For the sake of West Country, come on the Blues.

Ah, but Swindon produced probably the most overlooked and underrated group in the history of rock music. I'm dead serious.
Oh, and Don Rogers, of course.
Trying to work out who Bristol have produced. Massive Attack? They're not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.