FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega
Lewis, Stones, Akanji, Ake/Gvardiol
Kovacic
Foden, Bernardo
Doku, Alvarez, Grealish

This team absolutely can win. If it's tight on 60 mins, give De Bruyne, Rodri, and Haaland half an hour to get it won.

Last edited:
Our FA Cup semi-final record is dismal , we appear to scrap to get to the last four then Pep plays a weakened side at Wembley , ive been to every semi-final but i have swerved this one , its only a good day out if you win and if Pep selects a team with one eye on the Brighton game which is the sensible thing to do then i will be doing my impression of a plastic Rag & Dipper and watching from the comfort of my living room
Every credit to the lads and lasses going down there today you will probably be outnumbered but we will be loud and proud as always.

Our FA Cup semi-final record is dismal , we appear to scrap to get to the last four then Pep plays a weakened side at Wembley , ive been to every semi-final but i have swerved this one , its only a good day out if you win and if Pep selects a team with one eye on the Brighton game which is the sensible thing to do then i will be doing my impression of a plastic Rag & Dipper and watching from the comfort of my living room
Every credit to the lads and lasses going down there today you will probably be outnumbered but we will be loud and proud as always.
They won’t be outnumbered.

I’ve said it on here but before but when I was a kid and first going to games I thought people went to football matches to shout abuse at Graham Baker and my dad was the ring leader
A city fan I knew met him at a cash point on the way to the match once and said ' not playing today?' - ' nope I'm injured ' - tell me something new he answered!

Had the obligatory McDonalds breakfast and now on the way down in a van with a few of us. If we lose I'm starting the '#pepout/zidanein'

That’s what I am convinced will happen, but then we will win the league. The fixture pileup will be to blame, not the players or manager. It forces him to prioritise and rotate.
And the shit timing of this today. There is absolutely no fair and justifiable reason for us today and the Rags tomorrow. Knowing we had the CL, knowing Pep would need to rotate, hope I feel all along has been get Chavs to final and they will do their usual Cup Final rollover, hence Rags win cup.

I hope we will today, but deep down I think it might be a fixture too far.

Also pisses me off that Chavs - like any London team are almost like a home game. Get the FA semi at a neutral ground. The FA are a disgrace, see this week's changes to the cup competition.

They won’t be outnumbered.
Not sure when ive been to semi-finals against London based fans like the Rags they always appear to snap up spare tickets , but 35k Blues will do us proud. Right now i am beginning to regret not making the effort i should be cherishing every Wembley occasion because who knows how long it will last ?

Nunes gives me the same vibe as Kalvin. Before they arrived they contributed to their teams and were proactive in the midfield. They both look like 'we've made it to the top' after our move to City and consequently their ambition to be involved takes a hit. Too relaxed.

Of course others have taken time to settle and maybe he will, but we need to see a sign or two.

All that said I hope he plays a part today.
Agree he needs a defining game to make his mark but we need legs today plus Chelsea aren't great and hopefully he keeps them.busy with his runs.
Think he has to play

And the shit timing of this today. There is absolutely no fair and justifiable reason for us today and the Rags tomorrow. Knowing we had the CL, knowing Pep would need to rotate, hope I feel all along has been get Chavs to final and they will do their usual Cup Final rollover, hence Rags win cup.

I hope we will today, but deep down I think it might be a fixture too far.

Also pisses me off that Chavs - like any London team are almost like a home game. Get the FA semi at a neutral ground. The FA are a disgrace, see this week's changes to the cup competition.
Honestly, the last time I felt this convinced that we would lose a match was that Blackburn away FA Cup quarter final under Stuart Pearce. I just cannot see any other outcome. And it won’t be Pep’s fault, or the players. It will be the excessive fixtures and timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.