FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have hit some form of late, are well rested and we all know the fucking Palmer story is just waiting to be written. After tonight the lads must be physically and mentally shattered. I've no idea what team Pep picks for this but if he goes weak we're out.
We had the same fears about the dippers semi after the brutal battle with Atletico which probably left us even more depleted physically than tonight has done.

Despite a disastrous first half we should’ve at least drawn that in the 90 mins (did Jesus miss a sitter near the end to equalise) and the dippers were a much better team than Chelsea are now.

I think we might have a much easier game on Saturday than most of us are expecting

Pep will rotate on Saturday after tonight. A lot of players looked shattered at the end.
Unfortunately yes and we also have to look at Brighton a few days after that. They're no mugs. Hate to think we'll be without Rodri for Chelsea though.

Agree mate. Can't see us beating Chelski with a patched up side after tonights efforts. Just go for that fucking 4 on the trot. Already done the treble ;)
If we bow out against Chelsea, the rags might get lucky and beat Coventry and they might win a trophy which is unthinkable. The only positive with that I suppose it might keep tent peg in the job.

I fear we are going to field a right Mickey Mouse line-up for this. Going out of 2 comps in 3 days wouldn't exactly be good for morale though so hoping Pep picks a team that's good enough to win.

One thing about Peps team is we're mentally stronger than any other team The problem will be can we possibly recover physically enough to go again in a big game? Poch will look to press and make us work harder than we usually do and possibly wear us down physically. One things for sure we just cant afford to take this to extra time. I think we can do it but its going to be tough. Chelsea will be fresh and ready to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.