FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have absolutely nothing against Akanji, I think he is a good defender. I just dont think he is particularly good going forward. If that makes it "unquestionably the worst analysis", then ok.
But its funny how some see Akanji being in an advanced position 1 meter outside the oppositions penalty box the entire game and then scratch their head thinking "why are we only able to score 1 goal?". The reason is obviously not because of insane bad luck, its because we didnt create enough big chances against a team that just parked the bus. A big reason for that is having players like Akanji occupy the most dangerous area for the opposition on the pitch.

How do you make big chances against a team who double up even treble up on the wings and have 5/6 players in the box? It's hard Doku bit of skill made the Kdb opportunity and there was another chance for him foden had a great chance Haaland had a couple of half chances that he was putting away last season! Just think we did all we could it was over the two legs Madrid got the more luck in front of goal

Lewis, Ake and Bobb should be starters because of their energy and fresh legs. But please no wholesale changes, like against Liverpool two years ago. I fear Nunes will be a starter, he has not impressed so far; too much of a "luxury" player who will get easily harried by the likely Chelsea press.

I have absolutely nothing against Akanji, I think he is a good defender. I just dont think he is particularly good going forward. If that makes it "unquestionably the worst analysis", then ok.
But its funny how some see Akanji being in an advanced position 1 meter outside the oppositions penalty box the entire game and then scratch their head thinking "why are we only able to score 1 goal?". The reason is obviously not because of insane bad luck, its because we didnt create enough big chances against a team that just parked the bus. A big reason for that is having players like Akanji occupy the most dangerous area for the opposition on the pitch.
He's not there to make the D Silva Hollywood pass - although he did thread a couple of good ones - similar to his Champions league final one. He's there because of his quickness of thought, intelligence and control. He's an "advanced", if you like, "watercarrier" and ball winner. Played outstandingly well. We didn't get a break last night and despite your assertion, "luck" and bounce of the ball" is a factor in elite tight games of incredibly tight margins.

Did you watch the game last night? He was undercutting in the middle left every time in the second half and caused absolute chaos for their defence. I think he was great going forward last night

Ortega
Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake
Rodri
De Bruyne
Foden
Bernardo
Grealish
Haaland

We need to win this!

Going to take a big effort to win this especially after last night. God knows who will start, I suspect Rodri, Kdb and possibly Haaland will be missing.

agree completely, thought Akanji was great last night.

Not for me. The difference between him and Stones is immense. He has a mistake in him and he had some nice link up play early but then forced it way too much and allowed them some breathers.

He’s good, but he’s 5th choice at best.

Lewis, Ake and Bobb should be starters because of their energy and fresh legs. But please no wholesale changes, like against Liverpool two years ago. I fear Nunes will be a starter, he has not impressed so far; too much of a "luxury" player who will get easily harried by the likely Chelsea press.

I think there will be a lot of changes, the 3 you mentioned there will all start, as will Stones, Nunes, Doku, Alvarez, and keeper obviously, so at least 8 for me from what started last night, but still good enough to beat Cole Palmer.

But this is Pep, so probably will be 3 changes max.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.