FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a tough tough game just because of last nights game chelsea fresh as a daisy and Poch who has a good record against pep!

I'd start everyone he didn't start last night but the defenders wise we have stones and if fit Ake who didn't play the full 120mins so fatigue is a major worry for the game

Ortega
Walker
Akanji
Stones
Ake
Lewis
Kovacic
Bobb
Doku
Alvarez
Grealish.

50/50 now I’m afraid after the efforts of last night. Let’s hope it edges in our favour.

I’d go:

——--——-Ortega———-
—-Akanji—Dias—Ake—
——--Stones-Rodri——
Doku—Foden-Bernardo-Grealish
—————-Alvarez———

I think there will be more changes though (Kovacic, Nunes).

Optimistic. Might be a few leggy warriors. Sterling and Palmer will play out of their skins. City must be feeling hurt. Be that hurt beast we know and love.

That's unquestionably the worst analysis though - and there's some competition - congratulations.
I have absolutely nothing against Akanji, I think he is a good defender. I just dont think he is particularly good going forward. If that makes it "unquestionably the worst analysis", then ok.
But its funny how some see Akanji being in an advanced position 1 meter outside the oppositions penalty box the entire game and then scratch their head thinking "why are we only able to score 1 goal?". The reason is obviously not because of insane bad luck, its because we didnt create enough big chances against a team that just parked the bus. A big reason for that is having players like Akanji occupy the most dangerous area for the opposition on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.