FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea | Sat 20 Apr 5:15pm SOLD OUT

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’ll sell out … but that won’t be good enough for the obsessed dippers and rags who will be scrutinising our ticket website and wanking themselves off because we didn’t sell 34,000 tickets within 30 seconds of going on sale
The thing is, United and Liverpool sell their tickets differently to us. United operate a ballot system so everyone who wants a ticket has to apply in advance and fans then get told if they were successful or not, whereas we operate a points drop system so not everyone qualifies for a ticket straight away. In fact, it was only this morning - 5 days after they first went on sale - that all season ticket holders were eligible to buy, so it's not even gone on sale to non season ticket holders yet. Liverpool also have a ballot system but theirs isn't just one ballot like United and instead is several different ballots. However, for an FA Cup semi final it would go way beyond season ticket holders as the allocation is 34,000 and they only have something like 26,000 ST holders.

Anyone else struggling to purchase on the site now? It says "planned maintenance" - strange time to plan maintenance for!
My guess is that they're getting the maintenance in now ahead of the 12pm and 2pm windows as they're expecting it to be very busy.

It'll be interesting to see how busy that 12pm window is - you have to have attended 3 FA Cup home games since the start of 2022-23 (last season's FA Cup semi is included in those 3 games) so you would think that might limit the numbers a bit

My guess is that they're getting the maintenance in now ahead of the 12pm and 2pm windows as they're expecting it to be very busy.

It'll be interesting to see how busy that 12pm window is - you have to have attended 3 FA Cup home games since the start of 2022-23 (last season's FA Cup semi is included in those 3 games) so you would think that might limit the numbers a bit
I was in the 12pm window, took me a fair while to get on the site, so I guess it was quite busy.

The thing is, United and Liverpool sell their tickets differently to us. United operate a ballot system so everyone who wants a ticket has to apply in advance and fans then get told if they were successful or not, whereas we operate a points drop system so not everyone qualifies for a ticket straight away. In fact, it was only this morning - 5 days after they first went on sale - that all season ticket holders were eligible to buy, so it's not even gone on sale to non season ticket holders yet. Liverpool also have a ballot system but theirs isn't just one ballot like United and instead is several different ballots. However, for an FA Cup semi final it would go way beyond season ticket holders as the allocation is 34,000 and they only have something like 26,000 ST holders.
Yep, but they don't want to listen when you try to explain that to them

Well that was quite painless, 10 mins in the 2pm queue & easily got 3 for me, the mrs & nipper. :-) Let's hope this apparently better organisation/criteria continues on future ticket sale days!
Congrats!

How long were you waiting beforehand?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.