FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea | Sat 20 Apr 5:15pm SOLD OUT

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Full Members Final was fun before , during and after , we must have been outnumbered 4 to 1, had a couple of "eventful" moments after the game ,just a shame the game didnt go to extra time if we had got the game back to 5-5 we would have stuffed Chelsea.
We hardly ever got to Wembley in those days , so weirdly it was still a good day out.
It was a cracking weekend that. We were hugely outnumbered at Wembley. There were 68,000 there and 45,000 plus of those were Chelsea fans as I don’t think they had been to Wembley for years and they only lived on the doorstep. Their end was absolutely packed and we had to move out of the seats on the side and back onto the terrace as it was just kicking off everywhere. I was 17.

Imagine Klopp’s reaction and Guardiola’s to be fair, if they were told you have a league derby on the Saturday and a cup final the next day?

The press conference would be more entertaining than both matches combined.

It was a cracking weekend that. We were hugely outnumbered at Wembley. There were 68,000 there and 45,000 plus of those were Chelsea fans as I don’t think they had been to Wembley for years and they only lived on the doorstep. Their end was absolutely packed and we had to move out of the seats on the side and back onto the terrace as it was just kicking off everywhere. I was 17.
There were a few London/cockney accents around us on the terraces but it didnt kick off until after the game walking back down Wembley Way and on the way to the tube station , i was in my twenties and there was eight in our group there were a couple of "incidents" but it was quite normal in the eighties , there were always a few nutters trying to prove themselves including our own fans , but we all survived :)

There were a few London/cockney accents around us on the terraces but it didnt kick off until after the game walking back down Wembley Way and on the way to the tube station , i was in my twenties and there was eight in our group there were a couple of "incidents" but it was quite normal in the eighties , there were always a few nutters trying to prove themselves including our own fans , but we all survived :)
There was quite a bit of trouble on the lower terrace as Chelsea infiltrated our end. Our mini bus almost got turned over after the game even though they had won! God knows what it would have been like had they lost!

People tend to forget what a mess Chelsea were in the 70s and 80s. They weren’t a million miles away from us in terms of performance - great team in the late 60s and early 70s culminating in winning the FA Cup and Cup Winners Cup followed by a sharp decline.
They were a disaster from a boardroom and ownership angle, had a huge hooliganism problem and Stamford Bridge was a disgrace - I watched a game as a a neutral from The Shed in the 80s (kept my mouth shut) and the terraces were crumbling beneath your feet. Made the Kippax look luxurious! They were relegated and had a close flirtation with a drop into the third tier in the early 80s.
That Full Members Final definitely was the first glimpse of anything close to real success for a long time but it was light years away from the Chelsea we know from the last 25 years.

If the past games against Chelsea we were given the west side I wonder why we have been given the east side this time.

If the past games against Chelsea we were given the west side I wonder why we have been given the east side this time.
Is it confirmed we have the east side and did the same source say what the day and kick off time was pal?

Is it confirmed we have the east side and did the same source say what the day and kick off time was pal?
Someone earlier in the thread said we had east side, no idea how they know. I am pretty sure we will be Sunday as Coventry play Tuesday. As to the time that’s all down to the broadcasters, they aren’t bothered about 30k+ people having to travel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.