FA Cup Semi-Final Draw - Arsenal | 18/7/2020 | 7:45pm KO

There may well be fans in by then, perhaps 25% - 50%.
Football-Premier-League-201617-Arsenal-v-Sunderland-Emirates-Stadium-Hornsey-Rd-London-United.jpg

We are not terrible - though we are not as good as you.

i fully expect you will beat us at Wembley however might I suggest it’s not necessarily a slam dunk for you guys?

Might I remind you all of Ecclesiastes 9.11?

“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.“

Probably clutching at straws but what the hell...
The same officials as the last time we met in the semi would make you odds on favourites.

i fully expect you will beat us at Wembley however might I suggest it’s not necessarily a slam dunk for you guys?

“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.“

I thought that 'feck, arse, drink and girrrrrrls' was all that Father Jack said.

Can I suggest Genesis 1.28 - "Go forth and multiply".

At the point Arsenal are at, if I were a fan, I’d be wary of cup success masking some real problems at the club. They just don’t seem to have a plan. Surprised Mikel went there. I know he enjoyed his time there as a player, but surely he understood the scale of the task. There’s plenty of ownership/ off field stuff to resolve.

If Arsenal do manage to beat us (it’s a one off game after all), they would almost certainly lose to Chelsea or the Scum. There are too many clubs in front of Arsenal at the moment. Liverpool, City, Tottenham, Manchester United, Chelsea. You could even throw Wolves and Leicester into the conversation. There’ll be investment at Everton too.

Last thing you need is an FA Cup sticking plaster so you can bury your heads.

I wouldn’t disagree with much of that - I’m conscious we are in a rut but conversely I’d want cup success because of it - unlikely though that is and I’d say for most fans it wouldn’t disguise the reality of our situation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.