FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

Great to see you guys have shifted a decent few more in the last couple of days. A half empty Wembley certainly wasn’t what I would want to see for one of our rare visits there.

Just picking up on a few comments a page or two ago......

We have not yet sold out but are very close to selling out both our initial allocation and an extra 1500. IMO the club made a big mistake when the sale was announced as it was stated only Seaosn ticket holders, 2018/2019 members and new 2019/2020 members could buy tickets. They were selling 2019/2020 membership for £25 which to many looked like an additional booking fee on an already expensive ticket.

They eventually relented yesterday at 11am and sold tickets to those with a purchase history. Only today did it go to a true general sale where any folk can buy 2 tickets. I’m of the view that if there was not the initial requirement to buy a membership to buy a ticket then we could have shifted 40k had they been available. By the time the club had relented, some had already said bollocks and made other plans.

I get the apathy and cost associated with Wembley but distance isn’t a huge factor over us. I know there are very regular trains to Euston which take just over 2 hours. Journey time from Brighton to Wembley would normally be 2 hours for us too. With a fast train and perfect tube conenctions, maybe 15 minutes less.

Are reports of you nearly selling our a bit premature? I thought blocks 522 to 526 in the upper tier had not even been offered for sale? Not a dig - just curious.

FWIW I think our tickets will be all gone by lunchtime tomorrow. I don’t think we will need any more, not that they will give it to us anyhow.

Please please please win tonight. I can’t see us getting anything at the Bridge and our piss poor performance against Saints on Saturday has dragged us back into it. I want to enjoy Satuday and not be watching results from Cardiff and Burnley!
I daren't look to tbh. Remember City have already had two trips to Wembley this season (Community Shield and the League Cup Final) and we've been literally loads of times. I have lost count of the number of times I have been to Wembley now. I love it though, although I think it's wrong that they play the semi-finals there. I couldn't afford the League Cup Final but I knew we'd struggle for this game so I'm going to this one. I'll probably be getting home at about 3-4am in the morning. When I booked my travel the last train back was 9pm to Manchester so that was a non-starter. I am on a coach instead.

I think it will be a lot more of an even game than a lot of football fans are expecting. Wembley seems to inspire sides. I'd say 60/40 roughly City.

Anybody know how many tickets we have sold for the semis and how many we were allocated

Both the Times and Mail have exactly the same short article saying we've sold about 25,000. Both quote ticket prices and lack of late trains. Clearly a press release from the club.

Have people nothing better to do than go on the stadium planner and see what tickets we have or have not sold.

How can actual amounts be clarified by looking at a screen. That takes some doing.

If you going, so what.

If you not going, good for you.

Have people nothing better to do than go on the stadium planner and see what tickets we have or have not sold.

No

How can actual amounts be clarified by looking at a screen. That takes some doing.

Going in each block counting

If you going, so what.

Can’t help it

If you not going, good for you.

The lower tier movement is strange so either the club have given away a lot of tickets which is fine if it Helps or the planner was wrong. Only reason I say that is the top tier hasn’t moved much in days.

Be great if they are filled either way

The bigger the following the better as it will help with atmosphere, etc, because you can be sure Brighton fans will be giving it a good go as they don't get to Wembley too often. However, I think it's out of order if the club have given away any tickets - appreciate they may do it for their own staff but beyond that, to give away tickets that are in the most expensive price categories when some fans have already shelled out full whack isn't on. A fairer system would've been to subsidise every ticket sold so everyone benefits and that way more may have been persuaded. Obviously, we don't know what's gone on with those tickets and we could be barking up the wrong tree.

The bigger the following the better as it will help with atmosphere, etc, because you can be sure Brighton fans will be giving it a good go as they don't get to Wembley too often. However, I think it's out of order if the club have given away any tickets - appreciate they may do it for their own staff but beyond that, to give away tickets that are in the most expensive price categories when some fans have already shelled out full whack isn't on. A fairer system would've been to subsidise every ticket sold so everyone benefits and that way more may have been persuaded. Obviously, we don't know what's gone on with those tickets and we could be barking up the wrong tree.

I like this, subsidise the tickets not just put on a few boring coaches at £20.

Could have reduced tickets by £20 across the board.

People would be dashing down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.