FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

I couldn't agree more. Imagine if it was the other way round and the semi finals were played at one of the grounds in the Northwest. Imagine the reaction from fans of southern based teams.

This is exactly what used to happen, Spurs v Arsenal at old Trafford.

If United or Liverpool faced as many journeys to Wembley in one season, then I'm sure their political clout would ensure a change in Semi Final venue

As it is ,we won't receive any media sympathy, so there's simply no point in expecting anything, other than ridicule, and a stupid, lazy, irrelevant comparison with the numbers that Portsmouth and Sunderland take for the Checkatrade Trophy Final.

Accommodation booked in Woburn for the night, at £60 each, including breakfast, for 2 double rooms. An Old English Inn (Greene King), so reasonable quality for the price.
Cost to stay in Watford doubled overnight when timings announced. Strange, that!
Reasonable ale and good breakfast.
Rooms a bit tired.

The (Colin) Bell Inn

Spoke to Ticket Office today who didn't know what was going on. Said Spurs sales were priority and semi may be end of week. With 2 & half weeks to go need a bit of fresh thinking. I'd give day 1 Cup scheme plus 4. Next day every one else plus 4. Get them moved!
Opportunity for classic ticket office cock up here.
"Can I get a ticket for the Spurs match?"
"Sorry, sold out"
"Sorry they're sold out as well"
"How many?"

They should also postpone all premier league matches on that weekend.
Make it everybody gets caught up in fixture congestion.
Not just the cup semi finalists.

If this gets to general sale which I presume it will. Will it be one ticket per person or will you be able to get a few

What's the likely cost of going to the Brighton semi on a supporters club coach ? I've just applied to join the local supporters club - having been going to games since the 60s.

On teh official supporters club coach that goes from the Etihad it's usually about £35.

Details here...

https://www.mancityosc.com/travel

... although they are a bit slow updating it, but at least you will have John Morgan's contact details.

A word of warning, it's a dry coach, so it's not to everyones liking - they recently put the radio on (BBC Radio fucking 2) on longer journeys and that's caused ructions :-)

Opportunity for classic ticket office cock up here.
"Sorry, sold out"
"Sorry they're sold out as well"
"How many?"
The old Solicitor joke revamped (Jones, Jones and Jones).

Rang a place many years ago to get a price on an office refurb from “International Office Management”, girl who answered replied “he’s not in at the moment”.

Risk booking the last train back to manc at 9pm from euston ( no extra time in the semi ),then getting the train over to liverpool /merseyside ? liv-manc-euston-euston-manc-liv
There is extra time in the semi finals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.