FA Cup set for several changes

so what's to be done and who's going to do it ?

Unless ALL fans in all tiers of all clubs come together In unison with a plan of action...storming the FA offices, media campaign,walk outs,Geoffreys etc etc, this will be done and dusted before our eyes.

What the Fuck are the FSA and supporters clubs doing to protect history,tradition,common sense and fans interests ???

As the old saying goes : "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" . The sad truth is that they've been trying to fix an unbroken competition for years. They really don't have a clue about what football fans really want, but then again who gives a flying fcuk about the fans ?
When they exempted the rags from the FAC all those years ago, that was the beginning of the end. They've been selling the family silver piece by piece ever since.

Something has to give. I think maybe the League Cup needs to be scrapped as its a extra competition that clubs don't take seriously.

Most off the top Leagues only have the League and Cup making it 2 domestic trophies.

The FA Cup shouldnt scrap replays as it gives struggling clubs the chance to make some much needed money. Also it builds excitement for the clubs who dream about playing us when they would never be able to because of the difference in quality and level.

Something has to give. I think maybe the League Cup needs to be scrapped as its a extra competition that clubs don't take seriously.

Most off the top Leagues only have the League and Cup making it 2 domestic trophies.

The FA Cup shouldnt scrap replays as it gives struggling clubs the chance to make some much needed money. Also it builds excitement for the clubs who dream about playing us when they would never be able to because of the difference in quality and level.
Clubs need to grow a pair and tell em this International bollocks where 100m players play against part time postmen from god knows where needs to stop.

Tournaments only for the top nations and qualifiers for the second tier and so on.

It's fuckin madness how the Professional game stops and is shoe horned around International shite.

Last edited:
For me the FA Cup was always somehow the most important trophy as a kid.
It has been gradually devalued as a competition over the past couple of decades by the premier league, deliberately, as they only want their competition to be in the limelight.
FA should be promoting and protecting the FA Cup at all costs, fighting tooth and nail for grass roots football.
uefa has a lot to answer for, taking away the cup winners cup.
Instead they will capitulate to the currently all-powerful epl.
I wonder what will happen when the premier league finally busts and another league is no1?
The FA Cup was always a way back for english football, but they seem to want to completely marginalise it to a point that there is no way back.

An extra competion????

it has been going for 60 odd years and I want to win it every year as do fans across the country

meaningless stupid international friendly games are the issue in a season and TV companies being greedy pricks

As the old saying goes : "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" . The sad truth is that they've been trying to fix an unbroken competition for years. They really don't have a clue about what football fans really want, but then again who gives a flying fcuk about the fans ?
When they exempted the rags from the FAC all those years ago, that was the beginning of the end. They've been selling the family silver piece by piece ever since.
The FA Cup has been broken for a long time.

It was romantic because for a huge part of its history the final was one of a handful of games televised live in a calendar year, once live football became the norm and the arrival of the Champions league and PL, the FA Cup was shown up for what it is, a bang average cup competition.

And another fact that the 'romantics" don't like, the whole world does NOT stop to watch the FA Cup final.

And another, "the twin towers Wembley", a total disgrace of a stadium, the first time I went there for the '74 LC Final against Wolves, I was a kid and walking into that stadium for the first time was a huge shock, it was a total dump.

Last edited:
The FA Cup has been broken for a long time.

It was romantic because for a huge part of its history the final was one of a handful of games televised live in a calendar year, once live football became the norm and the arrival of the Champions league and PL, the FA Cup was shown up for what it is, a bang average cup competition.

And another fact that the 'romantics" don't like, the whole world does NOT stop to watch the FA Cup final.

And another, "the twin towers Wembley", a total disgrace of a stadium, the first time I went there for the '74 LC Final against Wolves, I was a kid and walking into that stadium for the first time was a huge shock, it was a total dump.
Spot on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.