FA Cup SF Draw | Sheffield United | Sat 22 Apr 16:45

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One for the independent regulator semi finals at Wembley, two Northern teams involved should have the option of playing at a northern venue, North v South midlands venue, if the game is played at Wembley the kick off time should be early enough for fans to get home by public transport.
If all the Midlands and other Northern teams didn’t have such shit or small or old and crumbling stadiums that might help us out.

Cardiff would be ideal for the FA Cup semis. Been to Magic Weekend for the rugby league there before and it was great. It would be big enough for the fans of clubs in FA Cup semis and doesn’t take the shine off the final.

It’s a shame that Villa Park doesn’t hold 70,000.

But even so, we live on a small island and nowhere is really that far away or hard to get to. Even London and Wembley are dead easy really. It’s just that the semis there take the shine off the final so shouldn’t be there.

I am confident to be honest. Depends how the league is going and how we have done in the CL too I think before Pep decides what team to put out. It wouldn’t surprise me to see 6/7 changes for this though. That has cost us in the past but usually against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea. I’d still expect us to win but you never know!
If those changes include him playing that kit man then I’m all for it.
For some context, have a huge soft spot for City. Been to the Etihad a few times when my son was 5 or 6 as I didn’t think there was any chance of (at that time) League One Blades ever getting to the Prem. Saw you beat Burnley by 4 or 5 goals a couple of times, and also beat Wednesday in the cup one freezing cold Sunday.
Also, as a young man myself, saw you beat us 3-2 in a League Cup match at Maine Road.

Really looking forward to this, and in fact the zero expectation will help me enjoy the occasion.

The BBC website is adamant they cannot play against us in the semi final

The BBC website is adamant they cannot play against us in the semi final

Classic snide "neutral bbc" headline, deliberately phrased to make it look like City are being awkward, rather than the actual fucking rules.

If all the Midlands and other Northern teams didn’t have such shit or small or old and crumbling stadiums that might help us out.

Cardiff would be ideal for the FA Cup semis. Been to Magic Weekend for the rugby league there before and it was great. It would be big enough for the fans of clubs in FA Cup semis and doesn’t take the shine off the final.

It’s a shame that Villa Park doesn’t hold 70,000.

But even so, we live on a small island and nowhere is really that far away or hard to get to. Even London and Wembley are dead easy really. It’s just that the semis there take the shine off the final so shouldn’t be there.
Whilst I agree with what you are saying if the game is a 5.30ko and goes to penalties then it finishes around 8.00pm. Not that easy to make last train home from Euston and that is what a lot of the issues are for fans. The big wigs in London don’t give a shit as they are driven everywhere, don’t have to pay for food, travel, tickets etc. The fans are the ones who will suffer. No way should this game be at Wembley but it is because the FA refused to build the new national stadium in the midlands and they need the money to pay off their debts. They don’t give a fuck about the fans. This game if it has to be at Wembley should kick off no later than 3.30.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying if the game is a 5.30ko and goes to penalties then it finishes around 8.00pm. Not that easy to make last train home from Euston and that is what a lot of the issues are for fans. The big wigs in London don’t give a shit as they are driven everywhere, don’t have to pay for food, travel, tickets etc. The fans are the ones who will suffer. No way should this game be at Wembley but it is because the FA refused to build the new national stadium in the midlands and they need the money to pay off their debts. They don’t give a fuck about the fans. This game if it has to be at Wembley should kick off no later than 3.30.
Yeah there is that daftness n’all. If they want us to attend games they should extend train times into the early hours of the morning to allow it to happen or use their heads and have semis at different stadiums.

If those changes include him playing that kit man then I’m all for it.
For some context, have a huge soft spot for City. Been to the Etihad a few times when my son was 5 or 6 as I didn’t think there was any chance of (at that time) League One Blades ever getting to the Prem. Saw you beat Burnley by 4 or 5 goals a couple of times, and also beat Wednesday in the cup one freezing cold Sunday.
Also, as a young man myself, saw you beat us 3-2 in a League Cup match at Maine Road.

Really looking forward to this, and in fact the zero expectation will help me enjoy the occasion.
Yes If you don’t expect to win and don’t then it’s no big deal. If you do then it’s huge! It’s horrible when you expect to win and lose though as we found out against Wigan! Like I said though you just never know. You go with a hope regardless and enjoy the build up whatever happens.

Good to see our two lads having a good season. Pity they can’t play in this.

A Sheffield United fan, here (I come in peace!). Just curious to know how confident the average City fan is on occasions like this. Are there any nagging doubts that you could mess it up, despite the obvious mismatch?
As a Blade, I am never confident irrespective of the opposition as we are always capable of shooting ourselves in the foot, but your team is so good I find it hard to imagine you ever being worried.
Put 20 quid on a shock victory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.