FA Cup SF Draw | Sheffield United | Sat 22 Apr 16:45

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the reply, i was under the impression it would be more fan orientated, seems i am wrong, we carry on.
Just like everything in football, even those looking to the future for the better of the game still don’t give one shit about the proper fans.

This game if it has to be at Wembley should kick off no later than 3.30.
That is 10.30am for those of us in America on the east coast - 7.30am for those in LA / San Francisco / west coast.
That means we can't go out and get hammered the Friday night before the semi orfinal.... 5.30pm UK time is perfect for us in Yanksville.

A Sheffield United fan, here (I come in peace!). Just curious to know how confident the average City fan is on occasions like this. Are there any nagging doubts that you could mess it up, despite the obvious mismatch?
As a Blade, I am never confident irrespective of the opposition as we are always capable of shooting ourselves in the foot, but your team is so good I find it hard to imagine you ever being worried.
Anyone over 45 is shitting it!! Its engrained into us ;)

That's because they cannot. Doesn't matter what Sheff Utd or we want, the rules state they cannot play.
Any opportunity to paint us as the bad guys, when they obviously know who makes the rules. Whatever next, a media driven campaign saying the FA should break their own rules to give Sheff U a better chance of beating us

A Sheffield United fan, here (I come in peace!). Just curious to know how confident the average City fan is on occasions like this. Are there any nagging doubts that you could mess it up, despite the obvious mismatch?
As a Blade, I am never confident irrespective of the opposition as we are always capable of shooting ourselves in the foot, but your team is so good I find it hard to imagine you ever being worried.
Any team that beats Spurs deserves our utmost respect.

…..but have you looked at the bigger picture and thought about how fans may have to prioritise some games over others? ….

Here’s my data point for decision making in regard attending the FA Semi …

I’d already booked to fly in on 9th April and back on 23rd April to the US, knowing when the CL Qtr final dates are.

Didn’t know who we would draw, or what order we’d be home or away, but I was willing to give it my best shot.

Already purchased my Leicester ticket at the start of the season.

Pretty sure as a match day Cityzen I’ll get a ticket for the Bayern home game. And, I’ve booked flights from London to Munich for the Monday to Thursday, even though I’m probably not going to be able to get a ticket from the club and will have to rely on other sources (calling in favors or over paying on a website) for the game at Bayern.

I was praying for a Saturday FA Cup semi, as then I could keep my return to the US on the 23rd, FROM MADRID.

But, a +/- 5pm kick off on the Saturday would mean I’d have to fly London to Madrid Sunday morning, with my connection only being around an hour. This is not a risk I can take, so unfortunately I’ll be watching the semi from a Tapas bar in Madrid. Add to this Sheffield is not exactly a big attraction. I did Wigan and Watford , but I just can’t justify the challenges and costs that I’d incur getting to/from this match.

What I want to point out is that we all live in our own shoes, and can not pass judgement on others decisions to attend a particular match or not, as “we haven’t walked a mile in someone else’s shoes”

I’ll never tell anyone else they are ‘bad’ for not wanting to go to a game, nor will I tell someone they are ‘crazy’ for wanting to go to a game (especially as crazy can be applied to me and my pursuit of watching City )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.