FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

107 was on sale yesterday but must've now sold out. I think it only has a couple of hundred seats or so in it as it's above a tunnel. Can't speak for the other lower tier blocks you've mentioned though. I don't think any of them were on sale yesterday and I do wonder how many seats are in them that are reserved for us - of the blocks that are available, block 120 only has 100+ seats out of maybe 800-900 that are available for our fans (some at the back of the stand and some at the front), whereas block 119 next to it has over 800 available to buy.
Some very strange earl patterns for us Seat Counters to mull over. When I bought my tickets yesterday there looked to be enormous blocks of seats not available which didn't look to be sold, ie there were no single seats dotted around. Just big square holes unavailable.

Some very strange earl patterns for us Seat Counters to mull over. When I bought my tickets yesterday there looked to be enormous blocks of seats not available which didn't look to be sold, ie there were no single seats dotted around. Just big square holes unavailable.
Yeah, it seems odd on the face of it. Both clubs have a total allocation of around 68,000 tickets though which leaves another 20-odd thousand seats. Some of those will be Level 2/Club Wembley ticket holders but I think some of the other neutral tickets will be located in sections housing City and Liverpool fans. This seems to be the case in particular for the expensive lower tier blocks nearer to the half way line, hence why one of those blocks has 800+ tickets available for City fans to buy, yet the next block along has just over 100.

Yeah, it seems odd on the face of it. Both clubs have a total allocation of around 68,000 tickets though which leaves another 20-odd thousand seats. Some of those will be Level 2/Club Wembley ticket holders but I think some of the other neutral tickets will be located in sections housing City and Liverpool fans. This seems to be the case in particular for the expensive lower tier blocks nearer to the half way line, hence why one of those blocks has 800+ tickets available for City fans to buy, yet the next block along has just over 100.
Yeah, that's how they seem to do it, especially for the final. Lots of tickets are FA/sponsor tickets but they are still labelled as being in a club's allocation. Never noticed them in blocks before though. Or could they be supporter's club's allocations? Seems unlikely as I'm not sure they do it like that.

Whatever, it's going to make the job of our seat counters very difficult over the next couple of weeks.

Yeah, that's how they seem to do it, especially for the final. Lots of tickets are FA/sponsor tickets but they are still labelled as being in a club's allocation. Never noticed them in blocks before though. Or could they be supporter's club's allocations? Seems unlikely as I'm not sure they do it like that.

Whatever, it's going to make the job of our seat counters very difficult over the next couple of weeks.
Such a headache! And I can't even see it yet!

Last edited:
Hi guys, i have a few questions to ask if some of you dont mind helping me :)

I have been a ST holder since the 18/19 season (when i turned 18) and have been going to games traveling weekly by myself and meeting pals at the ground. I however have yet to have an away day experience with the blues, and by the time the tickets go to ST holders, I doubt their will be any coaches left. So im basically asking, how else can i get to London? Is there other coaches which i can pay for? I'm not in my local supporters branch yet either so that's not an option in terms of asking them. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!
Before the Fa announced the relatively small number of free coaches, I think City said they were organising subsidised coaches at £40 pep person.
I'd contact the club for more info if I were you. Good luck!

I have been a ST holder since the 18/19 season (when i turned 18) and have been going to games traveling weekly by myself and meeting pals at the ground. I however have yet to have an away day experience with the blues, and by the time the tickets go to ST holders, I doubt their will be any coaches left. So im basically asking, how else can i get to London? Is there other coaches which i can pay for? I'm not in my local supporters branch yet either so that's not an option in terms of asking them. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!
There are usually plenty of coaches being advertised on this forum, in the "Tickets" section of the forum. Keep an eye on that and find one leaving from close to where you live.

Megabus is still only about £20 return. Out at 7.10am from Shudehill in town. Goes via Heathrow which is a bit of a ballache but gets into Victoria coach station in London at 12.10pm, giving you plenty of time to tube it up to Wembley. It actually might be quicker to dive out at Heathrow and get the Heathrow express train to Paddington rather than stay on the coach (if you do that, I think it's best to book your train ticket online in advance). Edit: Perhaps scrap that as the robbing twats want £18 minimum for a 15 minute train journey!
Return coach leaves Victoria at 10.30pm, getting back into Manchester at 2.45am. Makes for a long day but gives you a good 2/3 hours in Central London after the game to have a few pints/something to eat and you can always just get your head down on the journey home

Last edited:
I have had a lot of requests for this one, some usual fans are not going but other people are taking families. When it goes to more than one per card holder they will shift a lot, but not at £80/90+.

Clearly there is apathy playing them 6 days before, but the ones who are not or can't go to the league game are well up for it.

I have had a lot of requests for this one, some usual fans are not going but other people are taking families. When it goes to more than one per card holder they will shift a lot, but not at £80/90+.

Clearly there is apathy playing them 6 days before, but the ones who are not or can't go to the league game are well up for it.
Those expensive tickets will be a hard sell for many. I think the players and corporate should've taken their allocation out of those. Having said that, maybe they have

Megabus is still only about £20 return. Out at 7.10am from Shudehill in town. Goes via Heathrow which is a bit of a ballache but gets into Victoria coach station in London at 12.10pm, giving you plenty of time to tube it up to Wembley. It actually might be quicker to dive out at Heathrow and get the Heathrow express train to Paddington rather than stay on the coach (if you do that, I think it's best to book your train ticket online in advance). Edit: Perhaps scrap that as the robbing twats want £18 minimum for a 15 minute train journey!
Return coach leaves Victoria at 10.30pm, getting back into Manchester at 2.45am. Makes for a long day but gives you a good 2/3 hours in Central London after the game to have a few pints/something to eat and you can always just get your head down on the journey home
I flew into Heathrow on the morning of the Watford final and caught the regular underground into London.
By chance I stumbled upon a quicker route to Wembley.
It stopped at Acton North for a while as there was an issue with a train in front. A quick look at the map and I got off at Acton North and caught another tube heading north (can't recall which line) to Rayners Lane (6 or so stops) and then another tube going east to Wembley Park (4 or 5 stops) which turned out to be way quicker than going into London and out to Wembley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.