FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Mate of mine is a Sunderland fan and absolutely top bloke.
Been living in Sydney for 30 years and he got a ticket to see the Mackems at Wembley. Didn’t realise he was in the City end till going in. Him and his brother kept quiet and were very respectful - he couldn’t believe it when the Norwegian Mackems went mental in our end when they scored. And chaos ensued.
Kept their heads down until half time - said the atmosphere was a nightmare.
A bit naively he spoke to a copper to see if they could transfer into the Sunderland end and ended up thrown out. Second half in the Wembley Hilton.
Long way to go to watch half the game on TV but he was still very complementary about the Blues fans overall.
And he absolutely hates the durty rags!
The day was fine other than that incident. Sunderland fans in London the night before and on the day were great. You can’t celebrate en masse like that though in the wrong end. When they jumped up I thought oh shit her we go. It’s was about 2 blocks away from us but obviously it didn’t go down well.

Last edited:
Just watching some videos of previous Wembley visits. How funny was it when we all did the Poznan when the united team was being read out! Bring that back!
Was a brilliant day all round, picked up by BJ coaches in Hollinworth at what became known as 'Wembley roundabout' over the years. saw nothing but blues apart from one rag car until south of Birmingham, Wealdstone pre/post game, being told to fuck off back to Manchester by rags always makes me laugh, walked home from the previously mentioned 'Wembley roundabout' only to find our route disrupted by someone on a bridge threatening to jump. Copper said if we were quiet we could walk under it, he joked he was probably a rag.

Oh and we won, my first of many trips to Etihad south and still my favourite one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.