FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Didn't know that, but without looking back I'm guessing there were reasons for that other than just a selection choice.
FA Cup is a mixed bag and is more likely to play the best keeper as opposed to the league cup. Which in this case would be justified.

I don't understand teams like wolves playing Ruddy in the semi and costing them a final.

I thought this, he usually plays the reserve keeper in the league cup and first choice in the fa cup, unless we're playing an easy team. I wonder where Ederson was yesterday?
Steffen has played every FA Cup game since he joined the squad barring Peterborough which he was injured for.

I get why they do it but if I was the first choice keeper I'd say fuck this I joined to play in cup final not sit them out.

Alternative train routes - Picc or Victoria to Leeds, Doncaster, Sheffield or Wakefield.
LNER trains from Leeds, Wakefield and Donny to Kings Cross.
Midland Mainline from Sheff to St Pancras
Roundabout and slower, but not impossible. Wise virgins might be advised to start booking.
Yep, painful, and way moreso if the mickies also decide that a Yorkshire change is their only route... how they manage to close Euston at Easter, and have Wembley fixtures during that period, is, well, i was going to say beyond me but it ain't, it's just irresponsible (predictable?) scheduling by both transport and FA organisations.

Given the magnitude of the game, and of course the opposition, I wonder if Pep will stick with Steffen or put Ederson in?
We had this conversation when we played Liverpool in the carabao final (or capital one cup or whatever its was called that year) and everyone wanted Pellegrini to put Hart in.

Cue Big Willy having one of the best goalkeeping performances I've ever seen and a nice bit of a silverware a few hours later.

Steffan has more than earned the opportunity to play this game and he is more than good enough to do so. He'd walk into a decent premier league side as a first choice keeper IMO.

I get why they do it but if I was the first choice keeper I'd say fuck this I joined to play in cup final not sit them out.
It’s not a huge deal to a lot of players from other countries as (whatever we might think) the domestic cups just don’t mean that much to them.
It’s all about PL and CL and anything else is a bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.