FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Alternative train routes - Picc or Victoria to Leeds, Doncaster, Sheffield or Wakefield.
LNER trains from Leeds, Wakefield and Donny to Kings Cross.
Midland Mainline from Sheff to St Pancras
Roundabout and slower, but not impossible. Wise virgins might be advised to start booking.
That's fine going down but if, as expected, this is a 5.30pm KO on the Saturday, you can't get back. You can get as far as Leeds but chances are you'll miss the last train back to Piccadilly. It's only really doable if there's no extra time and pens, otherwise you've no chance

That's fine going down but if, as expected, this is a 5.30pm KO on the Saturday, you can't get back. You can get as far as Leeds but chances are you'll miss the last train back to Piccadilly. It's only really doable if there's no extra time and pens, otherwise you've no chance
Best bet Sheffield to London loads of trains done that route lots of times and only 2 hour journey.

We had this conversation when we played Liverpool in the carabao final (or capital one cup or whatever its was called that year) and everyone wanted Pellegrini to put Hart in.

Cue Big Willy having one of the best goalkeeping performances I've ever seen and a nice bit of a silverware a few hours later.

Also remember the 2013 FA Cup final when Hart played instead of Pantilimon who was supposed to do all the Cup matches.

Pantilimon would have easily saved Wigan’s winning goal.

You'd think the FA would recognise the transport problem and move the game to either Elland Road or Villa Park. Or even the Swamp.

But this is the greedy bastard FA were talking about.

The novelty has definitely worn off for many fans. I treat every Wembley trIp like its my first one. I know the Semi shouldn't be at Wembley but still got to embrace the situation and make the most of it. Granted people are skint as well which I understand but it would be great to see a full City end but i have a feeling we might fall short with the lack of trains and it being Easter. I use to go with at least 10 other blues, I'm lucky if just 2 of us go this time.

Isn't there some guy on here who works on the trains and he always gave us warning of engineering works and / or train times if games delayed by extra time etc. Could do with him telling his bosses that something needs to be done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.