FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

We had this conversation when we played Liverpool in the carabao final (or capital one cup or whatever its was called that year) and everyone wanted Pellegrini to put Hart in.

Cue Big Willy having one of the best goalkeeping performances I've ever seen and a nice bit of a silverware a few hours later.

Steffan has more than earned the opportunity to play this game and he is more than good enough to do so. He'd walk into a decent premier league side as a first choice keeper IMO.

Steffan is nowhere near good enough with his feet to draw and combat the Liverpool press.

Same reason Southampton had so much success closing our centre backs down and have Rodri the wrong side of the ball.

He's a decent shot stopper but we need to reconcile how much confidence Ederson inspires us to play out.

Steffan is nowhere near good enough with his feet to draw and combat the Liverpool press.

Same reason Southampton had so much success closing our centre backs down and have Rodri the wrong side of the ball.

He's a decent shot stopper but we need to reconcile how much confidence Ederson inspires us to play out.
It may have helped tho if Dias was out there to marshall the back line but, yes Eddie for me now for the rest of the ties.

No amount of tweets or posts will get the game moved from Wembley. Coach or Car is the option maybe with an overnight stay in Watford or London. I know it adds to the cost but means you can get a few beers in

Plus I wonder how Ederson feels about the prospect of never playing at Wembley again, as long as this cup keeper principle remains

Personally I planned after the game (if Saturday) to get as far up north as possible (probably York) and finish the journey the next day. Now I know we are likely to be playing this vile lot I will stay in a hotel next to Wembley away from being in a large group wth the inevitable kick off of fighting happens if we win and they can not accept it (similar to United)

Yep, painful, and way moreso if the mickies also decide that a Yorkshire change is their only route... how they manage to close Euston at Easter, and have Wembley fixtures during that period, is, well, i was going to say beyond me but it ain't, it's just irresponsible (predictable?) scheduling by both transport and FA organisations.
Throw into the mix that coach firms are likely already heavily booked up for day trips or long weekend packages to various parts of the country and there are even fewer options available. The FA are completely bone-headed for picking that weekend, there are nearly always major rail works at bank holiday weekends every year.

Plus I wonder how Ederson feels about the prospect of never playing at Wembley again, as long as this cup keeper principle remains
He'll have been told the policy when he signed, Pep's always done it.

Eddie was lucky that Bravo couldn't play in either final in 2019, he'll be satisfied with that I expect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.