FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Too right, been every game at Wembley since the rag semi in 2011 never seen one away fan in our end. Every Wembley game this nonessnse about not selling out crops uo on here,negativity seeps through some of our supporters.
The league Cup final v dippers there were a few in our end

I know because one put me on my arse with a snide punch after it had kicked off when they equalised.

Charity Shield also v dippers there were some in our end.

Looks like I might not be going to this either now myself as my new hip operation is scheduled for the 13th April

Anyone experience of a hip operation. Chances of being up and about in 2 to 3 days

Shit from the FA, absolutely shit. Hoping to get a ticket has to get down to Cityzens though, not sure it will. Any scousers in our end which is highly likely will need to keep quiet or I fear mayhem

I know because one put me on my arse with a snide punch after it had kicked off when they equalised.

Looks like I might not be going to this either now myself as my new hip operation is scheduled for the 13th April

Anyone experience of a hip operation. Chances of being up and about in 2 to 3 days
Ive just had a new hip, i wouldn't have wanted to be in amongst a crowd that early!

Had my hip done (NHS) last July at Fairfield Hospital in Bury. The Surgeon, Nurses and aftercare all first class.Was on two crutches for 6 weeks ,then one for a further six weeks and couldn't drive for 12 weeks either, which was a bind, but some are allowed after six weeks depends on your consultant/surgeon. Was painful/uncomfortable for first week or so after surgery but I found it got better each day. It is important to follow the post op instructions they give you regarding the exercises. Good luck Mayo !

Anyone experience of a hip operation. Chances of being up and about in 2 to 3 days.
You have no realistic prospect of attending the game and if you did you'd be in a lot of pain and you would put your long term recovery at risk.

I had a full hip replacement three years ago and although I was up and doing some steps on crutches the day after the operation I needed help to get in and out of bed, go to the toilet etc. You could not sit in a car or coach for hours and then sit in a seat at Wembley with your knee higher than a 90° angle. I didn't attend a game at the Etihad for six weeks after the op.

Watch it on telly.

You have no realistic prospect of attending the game and if you did you'd be in a lot of pain and you would put your long term recovery at risk.

I had a full hip replacement three years ago and although I was up and doing some steps on crutches the day after the operation I needed help to get in and out of bed, go to the toilet etc. You could not sit in a car or coach for hours and then sit in a seat at Wembley with your knee higher than a 90° angle. I didn't attend a game at the Etihad for six weeks after the op.

Watch it on telly.
I know.

The idea of going is just silly. I hate missing games though.

Even now at 51 I feel like a spoilt child who has not got what they want when I miss a match.

Horrible feeling

I know.

The idea of going is just silly. I hate missing games though.

Even now at 51 I feel like a spoilt child who has not got what they want when I miss a match.

Horrible feeling
When you've had the op you'll be glad you are watching it on telly in the comfort of your own home :) Although it is routine surgery with an incredibly high success rate it is still highly invasive and it takes some recovery afterwards. It was a game changer for me though.

The bonus is if we win you can look forward to attending the final and if (God forbid) we don't then it's well worth a swerve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.